『 49 』

❝A Bunch of Fools❞- - -

A Bunch of Fools
- - -

"Y - Your Majesty, I must halt you from - "

"Get out of my way."

The door to the meeting room burst open, and every pair of eyes in the room turned to see Historia elegantly making her way to the head of the table. Alecto and Zackly shared a fleeting glance before glaring at Nile, who was helpless by the doorframe.

Dok gave them a timid shrug as if to say, I couldn't stop her, she's the Queen!

"Oi, brat." Levi was the first to speak up from his seated position next to Commander Erwin and Celena, ignoring how their glares shifted from Dok to him. "What are you doing here?"

Historia seemed unphased, merely taking a seat and shrugging. "This is a meeting, right? I felt as if I should take part in it, being the Ruler of the Walls and all."

"Queen Historia, if I may," Nile Dok tried once more. "Don't you think this should be a matter discussed between only the Military Police and the Survey Corps? Your Majesty was just coronated as Queen, and it's not necessary to partake in every meeting."

He wanted to include that Celena and Levi were marked, meaning they couldn't be close to her, but he didn't have the strength to do so.

"In case you've all forgotten, I was a soldier in the Survey Corps just today as well. Additionally, I need to be informed about everything that goes on in my walls, especially a riot that could revolt us all." She quipped with an intense look. "How can I lead if I barely know anything?"

Dok fell silent, dropping his head and taking a step back.

Historia took his silence as compliance, glancing over to Alecto Ral and Darius Zackly to see if they wanted to try to rebel as well. They didn't. "Very well then," She turned towards Commander Erwin, who was hiding a smile. "Shall we begin?"

It was later in the night, right after dinner, when the Military Police decided to hold a meeting with the Survey Corps about the riots occurring all around Sina. The timing was exceptional as every form of military leader - excluding Dot Pixis, who wanted to celebrate his own way by drinking on Wall Rose - visited Mitras to see the coronation.

That was where they found themselves now, sitting around a table.

The only two members from the 104th Trainee Survey that joined Erwin, Hanji, and Levi were Celena and Armin. Celena was the one who held the most information about the subject, specifically the Burgundy Reapers and Rietman (that Erwin wanted to speak to them about), while Armin was becoming Erwin's right-hand man with his intelligent mind. The others were allowed to celebrate the night away, excluding poor Eren, who Moblit and Mikasa were watching over.

"What are your plans for the Survey Corps, Commander Erwin?"

Erwin met Historia's knowing blue hues with his own, understanding that she was discreetly asking about the riots. He immediately got to work.