『 11 』

❝A Boy Who Appeared From a Titan❞- - -

A Boy Who Appeared From a Titan
- - -

"Wow! Look at how fast they're going!"

Armin felt the fresh wind running through his blond locks, making him smell the earthly essence that the rain left behind. Puddles of water dressed the stone-covered ground beneath them, and he could make out small splotches of blood from time to time. He shivered and looked away.

He wasn't the only one who has lost teammates today.

"No..." Armin muttered to himself, disagreeing with Connie's comment. Of course, the other male didn't hear him, too caught up in the action and his adrenaline. Armin's eyes shot back and forth between the two girls, noting the differences and similarities. There were almost no similarities, though. His eyes first landed on the ginger, taking in her position and skills.

Unlike Mikasa, Celena used her gas wisely. She would freefall diagonally to the ground but use a little of her air to push her up whenever she got too close to the floor. And when she would go up, she would make it elegant, twirling before restarting the whole process. Her freefall style aided her in gaining a ton of agility, which was probably why she was the one with the most compressed air left. Everyone else was almost running out, their red pointer getting dangerously close to the Empty label.

Mikasa, on the other hand, was doing the exact opposite of Celena. She was much more skilled in attacking the titans, but she hadn't put any thought into her recent moves. Mikasa wasn't using her usual style (which included front flips, much like Eren's), and Armin could see a large amount of gas Mikasa had wasted to try to catch up to Celena's speed. Even though Mikasa was usually a cool-headed person, it seemed as if she wanted only to pass Celena and kill all the titans in her way.

She's trying to handle her pain and hide it behind all the action. Armin concluded. I've never seen Mikasa like this...

In the end, Armin's conclusion was correct. His brilliant blue hues watched as Mikasa's gear suddenly sputtered, and she fell, smacking the roof of a building before falling to the ground level. Celena was too far ahead to notice, and Connie shared a worried glance with Armin.

"Mikasa!" Armin yelled out, zipping around to find her.

Connie looked back at Jean and motioned for him to come closer. When he did, Connie told him, "You lead the group and follow Celena! I'll get Armin and Mikasa!"

"No, I'll come with you!" Jean readied his wires, about to shoot them to the right.

"You can't! Celena needs someone with power in their voice. She can't control them all by herself! Plus, they can use your skills! I can handle it!" Connie ordered before turning and following the blonde boy away from the group.

Jean nodded at Connie, even though he knew that Connie wouldn't be able to see it. "Let's do this..." He gritted his teeth and yelled at the group behind him to keep moving.