『 32 』

❝A Desperation for a Friend❞- - -

A Desperation for a Friend
- - -

The sun shone brightly above their heads by the time Celena and Levi returned to the Survey Corps.

Their special hill wasn't far at all, especially since Levi was intelligent enough to bring along his horse, but they spent a while simply conversing and catching Celena up to the present time. It was mostly Levi talking and Celena listening, but she was grateful for it as her body and mind had yet to feel normal again.

" - Those Military Pigs. They've been up our asses since the expedition." Levi responded to Celena's comment on the additional horses in the stables. "They want Eren, no doubt to experiment on him, but Erwin's been holding them off."

"M - My father?"

Levi slid off his horse before helping Celena down. He kept quiet, leading his black stallion into the stables, right beside Dandelion. When his horse was safely put away with a fresh amount of water and hay to keep him happy, Levi looked back to Celena.

"I haven't seen him around, and I don't think he was a part of this. It's probably Nile Dok who's finally getting his constipated ass off his throne to work."

Does he know of what happened to Petra? No doubt the news will destroy him... Celena thought as she quickly looked over Dandelion, the last time she had seen the mare was right before she thought she would die, giving her a few pets when realizing that she was okay.

Levi knew where her mind was heading to and he was quick to place a hand on her head to bring her back to him. "Stop that." His heart felt a stab when she gazed up at him with teary eyes. "Beating yourself up about it isn't going to change things. I know."

"I can't help it."

"It'll get better." He repeated his words from that morning.

"...It'll get better." She echoed.

"Let's get you to the infirmary." He didn't push away when her cold fingers wrapped around his. "We need to check up on your head."

The walk towards said location was short and sweet but Levi didn't expect the chaos inside the room. He pushed the wooden door back and flinched at the large number of soldiers panicking around him.

"What are you brats doing?"

Everyone froze; Neo, Armin, Eren, Mikasa, Hanji, and so many more.

Celena's curiosity got the best of her and she leaned against Levi's shoulder from behind, he was blocking her view, to peek around him. A dozen pairs of eyes locked onto her small figure, and Celena's grip on Levi's hand tightened.

She thought they were all silent because they were waiting for her to speak, panic rushed within her body and the only thing she said was, "D - Did you guys h - have a concussion too?"