『 13 』

❝A Plan to Retake Trost❞- - -

A Plan to Retake Trost
- - -

"Everyone! Prepare your gas tanks and rest until further notice! We don't know if we have to go out there again!" The Garrison squad leader ordered.

Celena looked up from her leather water cup, sending the man a blank look, before switching her gaze onto her reflection again. She was in shock, trying to catch her brain up to the present. Jean sat beside her, and Violet, Annie, and Neo were nowhere to be found. Celena didn't mind that she was left alone. As long as they were still alive, Celena was okay.

Neo met up with her after she arrived with the others at Wall Rose, his only words being, "I waited here to see if you were okay," and, "I'm sorry, but I have to go again," before disappearing into the crowd. It must be about his family, Celena concluded after the brisk reunion.

She felt pained that Neo didn't consider bringing her along with him. His immediate family was hers too, more than her own father at times, so why not have her join? But Celena wasn't the type of person to get insulted over minor details like that; she figured that his mind wasn't in the right state to consider her as well.

As long as they're still alive, Celena repeated, I can wait.

Eren, Mikasa, and Armin were taken away somewhere by a Garrison squad, and Celena was sworn to secrecy until further notice.

"No... I thought Mikasa arrived with Jean, Celena, and the others..." Celena perked up at her name. "Jean, did Mikasa arrive with you?" Connie asked from his corner, recently talking with Ymir and Christa.

Jean took a swig of water before answering, "We were sworn to keep it a secret."

Connie's eyebrows furrowed together, and he met Celena's eyes. "You too?" Celena only looked down. Connie took that as a yes. "How come?"

"We can't tell," Reiner spoke up, shrugging a bit. "Sorry."

"Nah, it's cool. Worrying, though..."

Celena played with her cup, observing as the water spilled from the sides onto the grassy floor. She was in no mood to speak, especially after witnessing the death of so many people. Celena came into the Trainee Survey knowing she was going to witness death. But even if she knew, it was a total surprise to see so many cadets torn to pieces.

What happened today? She put her cup down, caressing a flower's petals as it grew beside her boots. I wonder if it was worse the day my mom died...

Boom!

Suddenly a loud, terrifying noise echoed off the walls of the area. Birds squawked and flew away, leaving all the humans to scream and run around. Celena had fallen off her seat, twisting her body to land on the floor without injuries. She couldn't say the same for Jean, though; he had hit his head against the table edge and was now groaning in pain.