『 19 』

❝A Girl Ready for the Survey Corps❞- - -

A Girl Ready for the Survey Corps
- - -

"I can't believe that we'll be back to working and following orders in just a few days..." Violet moaned in annoyance.

The trio was heading back to the Izumi home after having spent the day together at the flowery hill. The sun was beginning to set, allowing the temperature in the towns within the walls to cool down, and they had just gotten off of the last ferry of the afternoon. Violet was too busy skipping around and making small comments, and Annie was lingering behind her with Celena. They needed to get back to their horses, which were left by a nearby holding area, and say their farewells to the others at the house before officially leaving.

"A few days ago..." Celena began, taking a pause to make sure she had grabbed the attention she required. "I got into an a - argument. With a woman."

Violet quickly froze to look back. "Really? What happened?" She asked curiously.

"Her child grabbed me from behind..."

There was a pause as both Violet and Annie shared a look.

They both knew what that meant. After spending all this time together, the two quickly learned how jumpy Celena gets when someone, especially a stranger, grabs ahold of her without permission.

"And you pushed them away." It wasn't a question. Annie looked at her, expecting to see the girl nod, and she did.

"I... I g - got caught up in the moment."

"Good." The blonde pushed a lock of hair away from her face and behind her ear. "The child deserved it."

Celena nodded to let the other girls know she acknowledges Annie's words. However, she didn't agree. Though the mother should've taught the girl since little to never grab and hold onto strangers, Celena is able to see her point of view because... honestly, who would expect someone to react the way she did?

"So...?" Violet moved beside Celena to continue. "How did the argument go?"

The ginger flinched, Violet instantly knew it wasn't good.

"She s - slapped me..." The oldest of the trio huffed, tightening her fists for a few seconds and then letting go. It seemed to Celena that the incident has yet to fade from her mind. "Knew I was m - marked too..." She continued, avoiding the eyes of her friends as she could hear her emotions clearly in her voice.

They were able to see the house and the horses from here. Annie met Violet's eyes and nodded towards the horses.

I'll talk to her, Annie mouthed.

"I'll... I'll get the horses and be right back." Violet glanced at Annie once more and smiled softly at Celena, trying to reassure her.

The other two watched Violet's figure get smaller and farther before the blonde continued.