『 52 』

❝A Strange, Unbearabily Strong Focus❞- - -

A Strange, Unbearabily Strong Focus
- - -

M - Excessive violence ahead.

Reaching Stohess took less time than when he traveled to Hermina.

The sun settled over Sina, hiding Levi and his selected few in shadows as they rode by the wall. But, unfortunately, it would soon switch positions with the moon and stars, possibly in an hour or less, making their fight in Stohess much more complex than the Captain expected.

Furthermore, as if some more extraordinary being -- the Walls, the first King himself, who knows -- wanted to mess with the raven, the thunderstorm followed closely behind their tracks, moving east. It created a wet, dangerous, and long journey, even when Levi decided against stopping at nearby villages. He reckoned that the safety of Stohess and his girlfriend were more critical. Perhaps that thinking was wrong of him. As a Captain, he should be disappointed in himself.

Yet the fact that Alecto was right on his heels with a similar mindset eased his troubles.

"This storm should help with the fire from the explosions," Armin tried to carefully consol.

He received nothing in return, sharing a worried look with Mikasa.

They were all too nervous to care.

Having dragged Alecto and Neo out of the cabin without explanation, Levi managed to review everything during their rush to reach Jean's squad with Mikasa and Armin. He chose to abandon the rest of his team to help secure Hermina, even though Violet's appearance had been a done deal and they were already arresting Burgundy Reapers when the group was prepping to leave.

"Those are their horses," Mikasa pointed out by the entrance of Stohess. Her red scarf covered her mouth and nose, protecting the girl from breathing in the smoke and ash. "The squad is still in there."

The city -- rather, Rietman -- threatened them to stay away with a series of detonations from inside. Then, as if it could understand, the downpour behind their shoulders rumbled threateningly with a greater wave of rain hitting their backs.

Trying to create a plan of action, Levi pushed his hood forward, covering more of his face.

"Let's get them out of here and further away from the fires." Alecto took the lead, recognizing the dark look on the raven's face. "We should ensure that the horses stay safe if we ever need to escape."

"We can push them into that home over there, by the hill." Neo pointed out.

"Yes, let's do that. And then we can observe what we have to deal with."

Oddly quiet, Levi slid off his inky stallion -- which began to look gray from all the ash -- and allowed Neo to lead it away. He was left alone in front of the entrance to Stohess, eyebrows furrowed and arms crossed.