『 28 』

❝A Fulfillment to the Survey Corps❞- - -

A Fulfillment to the Survey Corps
- - -

"It is believed that there are secrets held in the basement of Eren Jaeger's old home in Shiganshina."

They passed the townhouses of Wall Maria, clearly abandoned and destroyed by titans.

"Signs and answers to the appearance of titans, maybe. What we'll find there doesn't matter at the moment. The only thing that matters for our group is to arrive and depart safely. Remain with your partner. Do not act rashly."

Dandelion and Dieter's horse huffed lightly beneath their owners. Celena let Dieter lead their small group of two, remaining behind the blond by a few steps. Ahead of them was Levi's squad which they'll pass when Erwin yelled out the specific command.

"Ten meter-class approaching from the left!"

Celena kept her head forward, eyes locked on the back of her sister's head. She couldn't lose focus, not now, even if her heart jumped at the presence of a threatening figure nearby.

"The wall's cover team can handle it," Dieter weakly reassured her. "We have to continue following Commander Erwin."

"Right!"

"But most importantly... Never forget about your duties. Fulfill them and give the Survey Corps your life if need be!"

Sanes' words echoed Celena's mind.

"Onward!"

"Don't stop, advance!"

Eren gave the titan they passed only a mere glance before focusing back on the road ahead of him. To his left was Petra and to his right was Oulo, protecting him by putting the teenager in the middle of their squad formation.

He, too, was repeating the orders in his mind.

"After the wall's Cover Squad, we'll be alone in titan territory," The titan shifter remembered Gunther taking out a map and pointing on a spot in the middle of the Scout formation. "We're going to be here. As a formation, we'll only get to count on ourselves and the backup the Cover and Defense Squad can provide if need be."

When Eren had looked closely at the map, he marveled in the fact that the backup had one of his close friends in it, Celena. Her appearance in the squad had been a complete surprise as Petra didn't know as well. But looking at it from the bright side, Eren was a bit calmer in knowing that at least one of his friends would be protected in the middle, even if she was positioned closer to the front.

"Oulo, sir," Eren began, his eyebrows furrowed in worry. "You think we'll be strong enough to hold back the titans?"

"Huh?" The older man dragged out, rolling his eyes at the innocent question. "What the hell do you think you guys have been training for this past month?! Listen up, brat! The success of these expeditions isn't to hold the titans off but to avoid - ack!"