『 26 』

❝A Beginning to an End❞- - -

A Beginning to an End
- - -

Levi was a smart person.

He always kept his heart on the back burner, making sure that his mind was the one in charge of his decisions, not his feelings, to not end up doing something he would regret. So, imagine how stupid the adult felt when realizing what he had done.

He kissed her.

Levi kissed Celena.

Oh, how the moment kept repeating in his mind, and the Captain had no one else to blame but himself. It was he who asked the question, he who couldn't control the surge of emotions when receiving the answer, and he who leaned in and began it all. Now, the two childhood friends were both confused, embarrassed, and avoiding each other, Celena drastically more than Levi.

But she did respond to it. A voice in the back of his head whispered.

Levi clicked his tongue and looked down at his breakfast. He had been playing with his food, something the adult has always thought of as childish and immature. Levi dropped his spoon, and it fell to the table with a soft clink!

But the male paid no attention to it, as his mind went back to that night two days ago.

Why did he even do it?

Apart from the fact that Levi didn't have the perfect emotional control he thought he had, he also didn't have any infatuation with his childhood friend.

That he was sure of.

It had always been difficult for the Captain to become infatuated with someone, due to his previous life in the Underground. Levi grew up being cautious and unaffected, so it only became natural for him to react that way to both men and women that crossed his path. The fact that nobody taught him differently also played a huge factor in his stern demeanor. Celena was no different from everybody else. She was a friend, and a close one at that, but it would be hard for Levi to fall for her. And let's not forget that in their line of work, being in a relationship could be dangerous for both of them.

So, what Levi had agreed on was that the kiss was nothing less of a spur at the moment.

Right?

It could've been that he wasn't thinking much that night, or that he was tired, or that his body looked for comfort in someone else. The action didn't even need that much of an explanation; only reassurance that Levi wouldn't do something like that again. Celena had accepted it this time, but Levi didn't want her to feel uncomfortable because of him.

He wasn't ready to lose her another time.

"Oh, Shorty! What's going through that brain of yours?" Hanji leaned on the smaller leader of the two, draping her arm over his shoulders.