World Hip-hop Finals

Lisa's POV:

It was the day of the finals, we have won the semi-finals with our explosive dance for BLACKPINK's WHISTLE. We gave it our all, every blood, sweat and tears for this chance to go on to the finals. We'll be debuting today Jennie's song as she watches the performance back in Korea. I have to ensure we win this Hip-hop Championships not only for our school but for the whole of Korea. We need to secure this win, we woke up early to get glammed up and get into our costumes. The program will start at exactly 7 a.m. Eastern Standard Time. It was already 5 a.m. I sent Jennie a text as I headed down to have breakfast with our team and then get ready for the contest. We had one last practice last night, we only had about 5 hours of sleep, despite that we still woke up early to get ready for the competition.

Polished na ang dance moves namin para mamaya. Coach Sunmi got us reservations for the parlor. We'll be going after naming mag-breakfast. I got me some bacon, eggs and five pieces of toast, a mixed fruit cup and black coffee. I sat at the table together with Rosé and Rabbit who had so much on their plates. Rosé especially was a heavy eater, para siyang patay gutom madalas. Kakabahan ang Eat-All-You-Can Restaurants sa dami nilang kumuha ng pagkain ni Rabbit. Rosé ate heartily and chewed on her food like she was going to be executed after her breakfast, nakaka-tawang panoorin siya ngumuya, bahagyang lumalaki-laki pa ang mata niyan pag masarap ang pagkain just like now. 

"Nalalisa! You think we will win today?" Rosé asked me.

"Well, if I am being honest we can win this. Wala akong duda sa inyo. Pero magagaling ang mga kalaban natin. Lalo na yung Spanish team, let's give it our best okay?" I answered her. 

"Okay!" Rosé and Rabbit echoed back to me. 

They were full of energy which is what I wanted to see when we dance later. Jennie's music will be debuted today in this competition as our finals piece. We've been practicing this non-stop for the past few months since Jennie and I have connected and started hanging out. Since I heard her singing, I decided to get her song and turn it into a Hip-hop bop. I knew some people from a production company, handed them the music file of Jennie's song, they tweaked it and mixed it, making Jennie's voice stand out. Whenever I hear the song, I can't help but fall for Jennie even more, her sweet vocals and rap skills got me hooked. I had Jennie hear it first before asking her if I could dance to it in the world championship, which she agreed to. Her best friend Somi will be here today to watch me dance live, to get some late dinner later after the competition, win or lose Somi and I agreed to meet up after the competition. 

After ng breakfast, we jumped into Coach Sunmi's Van, headed to the salon to get us glammed. We arrived in about 20 minutes, we sat down at the chairs. Sabay-sabay kaming inayusan sa Salon. Kaibigan ni Coach Sunmi ang owner ng Salon, the owner greeted us warmly, she had 15 Salon employees working right now. Mabibilis sila at magagaling mag-ayos. Pretty soon, we were done with the salon, Bambam and Jinyong were already in their costume, para mamaya sa labas na lang sila ng dressing room namin maghihintay. Coach Sunmi could be overheard gossiping with the Salon Owner as the Salon Owner worked with Rabbit's hair and make-up. Coach Sunmi just migrated back to Korea for about 5 years now, kaya ganito siya ka-close sa mga tao dito sa New York. This used to be her neighborhood, kaya ang dami nyang kakilala dito. 

All around the city she knew someone, kaya stress free kami sa competition. What we focused on was practice and dancing. Lots and lots of dancing to Jennie's song. Pretty soon, tapos na kami magpa-ayos, pumunta na kami sa venue ng contest, we won the Semi-finals with our Nationals Piece kahapon, we thankfully managed to do that. We arrived at Madison Square Garden, where we are going to perform. Thousands of people are already in line, we were ushered into the back.