Day of the Semi-finals

Jennie's POV:

It was 7 a.m. Saturday, maaga akong gumising para panoorin ang semi-finals ng world championships, kung saan nandoon ngayon si Lisa. I am at Irene's house, I slept over to watch with Irene, Wendy, Nayeon and Lime. A girl's bonding with them as well. Irene and I were the first people up, we've been preparing breakfast and snack for later's viewing party. When we finished making breakfast, Irene called on the others to come down and have breakfast. I sat at the table waiting for my other friends to arrive at the table. Irene sat beside me and said.

"Kinakabahan ka ba?" Irene asked me.

"No. Why would I?" I said to Irene.

"Well in a few Lisa will be winning the world championship at kailangan mong ihanda ang sarili mo, dahil sikat na si Lisa sa buong Korea." She said.

"Nah! I'm sure we won't be noticed by our classmates ano. Low key lang naman kami ni Lisa." I said to Irene.

"Sabagay, isa pa hindi pa naman garantisado ang pagka-panalo nila." Irene said as the others arrived at the table.

"Good morning!" Lime, Nayeon and Wendy greeted us.

"Good morning bunbun!" Irene greeted Wendy with a peck on her lips.

"Hoy ang aga-aga! Lalandi niyo neto ni Wendy!" Nayeon said.

"Tse! Inggit ka lang kasi nasa ibang bansa kasi si Jeongyeon eh!" Irene said who is now hanging onto Wendy's neck.

"Bunbun, I prepared your favorite breakfast." Irene said to Wendy.

"Thank you bunbun." Wendy said as she took a seat beside Irene.

Irene was a motherly figure in our cliqué, she always cooked and took care of us. Si Irene din kasi ang pinaka-matanda sa barkada namin. Kaya she does everything for us. She was the most responsible among my friends. Kaya sanay na si Irene na nagluluto at naghuhugas ng plato. She does all these despite her having house helpers in her home. Like me, Irene's parents are busy with their company. She was an heir like I was supposed to be with my parent's business. Irene was the Ice Queen to the rest of the world, but she takes care of her friends like a mother. We often tease her as Mother Duck, like right now, she cooked us some pork galbi, cold cucumber soup and some other banchans and rice. She did all these, nauna siyang magising sa akin, I just helped her set up the table to be honest. 

"Bilisan ninyong kumain, dahil mag-uumpisa na ang dance contest ni Lisa." Irene said as she served each one of us with the food she made. 

Una nyang sinandukan si Wendy, tapos ako, si Lime at si Nayeon bago siya sumandok ng kanya. After our breakfast, we all went to the living room, where Irene's big screen tv was. She had a 60 inch TV complete with a home theater system and speakers. We opened the TV and tuned in to KBS, the broadcasting company to air the World Hiphop Championships. We sat in front of the TV as Irene and Wendy hauled the snacks on the center table. Irene had cooked up some popcorn, Korean chicken wings and she also had a nacho platter on the table. Kanya-kanyang kuha na lang kami mamaya. Everything was laid on the table as the program started. The teams where introduced first with an AVP, where each teams were shown practicing their moves. The first team was Argentina, who had some serious moves than those of Lisa's Team. Straight faced and no one was smiling as they showed their dance practice. I can imagine how Lisa and her team would fare out, they'd be all laughs I bet or baka nagkukulitan sila in front of the camera. 

After some more teams, it was Lisa's Team that was introduced through a behind the scenes video. It was my first time to see them so serious with practice and dancing. Lisa was interviewed for the video as a Leader and Lead Dancer of the Team. Her voice echoed all over Irene's house, she was a natural in front of the camera. 

"We represent Korea, we are BLACKPURPLE. Ever since last year's semi-finals on the Nationals, we've been hungry for a Championship win, we've worked hard ever since the first day back from the Nationals. We have new content and a new song from an unsigned artist. Yeah, we just can't wait to show the world this time. We'll be winning this Championship." Lisa said as she smiled smugly at the camera.

Naiinis ako sa itsura nya na kinikilig, not long enough Nayeon took notice and nudged me.

"Kilig ka nanaman dyan vakla ka ng taon!" Nayeon said teasing me. 

"Oo vaklaaaaaaa kinikilig ako sa ngiti nya."I answered as I hugged a throw pillow from Irene's couch.

"Be careful though. Ang alam ko, babaero yan si Lisa, Oppa Lisa ang tawag sa kanya ng mga Fan Girls nya. I had a classmate who is one." Lime said. 

"I know she used to be so flirty, pero hindi siya babaero, mabait lang yung tao Lime, kaya madalas lahat ng interaction nya sa mga fans nya eh medyo flirty." I answered as the video introductions finished.

"Ay naku bhie, bahala ka ha? Don't say I didn't warn you." Lime sighed. 

"She knows what she's doing Lime, let Jennie be. Hindi yan masasaktan, baka nga siya pa makasakit kay Lisa." Nayeon said. 

"Oo nga, malaki na ang baby natin. Kaya na nya yan." Irene said agreeing.

"Isa pa, pwede naman natin sampalin si Lisa, if ever she hurts our Jennie." Irene said additionally.

"Oo nga naman Lime." Nayeon said.

I was in awe of Lisa and her team's seriousness in the video, like their Argentinian counterparts, they seem to have changed immensely for the finals. I hope Lisa wasn't stressed as much as she felt over the last few weeks leading up to the finals. She hasn't sent me a message yet, kahit na I sent her one the first thing in the morning, she must be busy preparing. Hindi ko na siya tinawagan dahil alam kong abala siya sa semi-finals nila sa World Championship. The program started with all of the performances. Tapos bukas ulit para sa finals nila, this is a make or break deal for them. So I understand her and her situation at the moment. Pretty soon, the rest of the teams had already finished performing. Lots of people were cheering for them, each one screaming and clapping inside the hall. They are so ecstatic and energy filled up the whole house, you can hear the screaming as if it was the world cup. Finally it was time for Lisa's Team to perform, they performed WHISTLE by BLACKPINK they overhauled the steps from their last Nationals. They were sultry and sexier definitely, they added some more acrobatics and flips on their entrance. The two boys Bambam and Jinyong (G-Dragon) have done some perfect backflips in their entrance. Some breakdance from Jinyong and then another flip. Came the rest of the girls on the team, making it look like Lisa was their Queen or probably a top figure on the team. Some of the girls spread out with the two guys, looking like they were checking out Lisa and two of her friends, Tzuyu and Rosé as they sprinted across the stage, trying to get to their places. When the music started to progress, Lisa and her team exploded on stage, they really popped off and danced as if their life depended on it and at this instance, I whispered a little prayer for them, hoping for them to advance to the next round tomorrow. 

A/N:

Hello readers! Sa wakas nakapag-update na din ako. Pasensiya na at busy ang author ninyo sa trabaho. Currently going through a 2 month training for my new job. This chapter is dedicated to YoyonM for her support on the stories I published here. Salamat sa paniniwala sa akin at sa mga stories na naisulat ko. 

I would like to say thank you for your patience with this story. Apat na yugto na lang! Matatapos na natin ang story na ito! Please stay safe and please take care of yourselves especially now that we have the third strain of COVID -19 present in the country, wag masyadong pasaway please. I hope to see you guys again on the next chapter! 

Always spread light and love! 

- Sky