Jennie Kim

Ako si Jennie Kim, I consider myself an average student. Maaga lang talaga ako pumapasok at hilig ko din ang mag-basa ng mga libro, my eyes are bad at dahil dito I am wearing thick glasses. I have a photographic memory, everything I read naalala ko sila easily. I ought to be a lawyer that was what my parents wanted for me, but I took up Communication Arts and Majored in Digital Cinema Track against they're wishes. Eventually when they realized that they were making things hard for me at lumalayo na ang loob ko sa kanila, they decided to let me choose what my heart wanted to do, kung saan ako magiging masaya. I ended up here, because I love to make films, I once wrote and directed a short film back in highschool using only my camera phone. I dream to be a good director someday kaya naman I am always early for my classes and I am always eager to learn from my professors. I was 30 minutes early for my morning class which was English Literature, si Professor Priya Jandel ay nasa room na namin. She smiled at me as we waited for my classmates to come in. 

"Good Morning po Ma'am Priya." I greeted her upon entering the class room. 

She smiled at me upon seeing me enter the room. 

"Ah! Jennie! Perfect, just the perfect person I needed." She said smiling. 

"Ma'am?" I said to her as I sat upfront. 

"I am assigning you as a tutor for Miss Manoban, the poor girl seems to be doing so poorly sa klase ko eh." Miss Priya said smiling. 

"Will you please help Miss Manoban?" tanong sa akin ni Miss Jandel. 

"I- I.. Uhm, I'll try po Ma'am. Pero kasi baka po busy din po ako lately eh." Pagpapalusot ko kay Miss Jandel. 

The professor laughed at me and said. 

"You know you're a bad liar. Sige na Jennie, exempted ka na sa Midterm exams nyo." Miss Jandel bargained with me. 

"Ma'am kasi madami po akong ginagawa eh. I don't have the time to tutor someone as hard headed as Lisa Manoban." I said to Miss Jandel actually I didn't mean to say these. 

Pero kasi ilang term ko na naging classmate yan si Manoban at mga alipores nya. Matitigas ang mga ulo nila, pero himala namang magagaling sa klase. I can't understand why Lisa Manoban was failing English Lit. hindi naman kasi mahirap ang English Lit! Kaloka! I didn't want anything to do with her or her posse. These three people have taken so much time from classes, dahil madalas hinihintay sila at sinasaway ng mga teachers namin para tumigil sa kakatawa o sa pakikipagkwentohan. I can't believe that Miss Jandel is now assigning me as Lisa Manoban's tutor! The travesty of it is making me sick, I can't imagine how I will be able to even make her silent. 

"I am giving you absolute power to tell me about her misbehavior at ako ang bahala sa kanya." Miss Jandel said smiling. 

I thought about it and made a decision right then and there, it would be a good thing I guess to share my knowledge, kawawa naman kasi si Manoban, she is part of our school's Hiphop Dance Crew called BlackPurple, ang alam ko anything extracurricular na ginagawa o sinasalihan namin sa school required us to maintain our grades because the moment our grades slipped, we would have to be pulled out of the said extracurricular activity to focus on our studies and the school wouldn't want that to happen especially since last year when everyone thought they would bag the nationals, they placed first and in case hindi makaka-dalo ang team na nanalo sa Nationals, they were supposed to fill in. 

"S-sige ma'am. I'll do it." I said to her. 

"Can I have your number? Para mamaya ibibigay ko kay Miss Manoban." Miss Jandel said.

I wrote my name and number at the slip Miss Jandel handed me at pag-tapos nun ay ibinigay ko ulit kay Miss Jandel ang slip. 

"Thanks." Miss Jandel smiled. 

Hindi nag-tagal at nagsi-datingan na ang mga kaklase namin, nag-simula na agad ang klase by checking the attendance. The first fifteen minutes of our class was spent with attendance checking, recap from last meeting's class and then ipapasa na ang assignment and we will continue with the discussion. Kasalukuyang inannounce ni Miss Jandel na ipasa na namin ang mga assignments namin nang biglang dumating si Lisa Manoban, she was wearing her usual pullover sweater, jogging pants, sneakers and instead of a cap today, she was wearing a beanie that had a stitch on it of the word 'Hottie' dead center of her beanie. Okay fine, gwapong maganda siya with or with out caps and beanies, she was almost like a goddess. I have seen her dance on TV last year, can I tell you guys a secret? I'm secretly into hiphop myself, the rapping part not so much of the dancing. It was my younger brother who was into hiphop dancing. He watched the contest on TV last year, imitating some of the moves he had seen on TV. I was taking a break from the intense reviewing I have done for our midterms and my brother was watching the televised Hiphop Nationals. I sat with him briefly and as fate would have it, it was our school's turn. Yongsan-gu University's BlackPurple will be performing up next, the emcee said. 

I watched it with my brother who was clearly in awe of Lisa Manoban's moves. I heard him say then these words I am about to say. 

"Damn, that girl is hot." Daniel said.

I don't believe Lisa was failing our class on purpose, but of course Miss Jandel asked her the obvious things. It amuses me how Lisa had every excuse on the book, every day na lang na ipinasok nya over the last month, she always had an excuse of why she is late and didn't turn in an assignment. Just like now, naflattan daw ng gulong ang bus na sinakyan nya at naiwan daw nya sa bus o nahulog somewhere yung assignment nya. I ought to tell Miss Jandel that Lisa Manoban had her own car, I was the one who was commuting. Ugh! See how unfair Lisa Manoban is? I knew better than to speak now, it was not my thing to spill beans on anyone, dahil nga it's not my business to tell the truth or spill the beans on someone. Paki ko sa kanya, wala. Wala talaga akong paki-alam sa mga feelingerang katulad neto ni Manoban, she acts as if she's all that eh eto na nga she's failing English Lit and she had the audacity to make up an excuse. Haysh! Ang malas ko naman ata today Lord! Bakit ba kasi ako nauna sa classroom kanina? Tuloy may tutor ako kay Manoban after class namin. Sagabal siya sa schedule ko, imbes na nakikinig na lang ako ng music ng time na yun hindi ko agad magagawa ito dahil sa kanya. Ugh! Lord could you please just kill me? Ayaw ko po talaga kay Lisa Manoban at sa kakulitan nya, give me the strength not to strangle her sa oras na kumulit siya sa akin. 

These were my thoughts as I watched her made her way to the back and sat. I briefly looked over to the back and saw her spaced out. Ewan ko kung anong ginagawa neto ni Manoban at nag-space out sya as Miss Jandel continued her lecture. Pretty soon, the whole class was done, the bell rang and we left. I heard Miss Jandel call out Lisa Manoban, to probably let her know that she was going to a tutor. My day continued as I left Miss Jandel's class. Supposed to be break ko na, but I decided to use my free time to prepare the lessons I was going to teach Manoban later, dumirecho ako sa library and wrote down an itemized list that we will be discussing. This day is going to be a long one!

A/N:

Naku, GG pala si Jennie Kim sa bida natin. Paano na to? Ano kaya mangyayari?

Salamat readers for all of your support on the previous stories I wrote. I truly appreciate your votes and the kind words you had for me.

Spread light and love always!

- Sky