Our Future

Jennie's POV:

5 years after college...

"Nini! Malelate na tayo sa opening ng restaurant ni Daddy! Lagot ako don!" Lili called from the living room. It was our sixth year anniversary today. We are still going strong and had finished our studies. Lili now works as a CEO of her own production company called Lili Films Production, which shoots and produces high quality Music Videos for top Girl Groups such as BLACKPINK. She directs these shoots as well. She's been a little busy lately which is why she's in a hurry. I on the other hand, is currently working for my Grandfather's Entertainment company. I work as a Marketing Director for Social Media. I do the photo shoots myself for promoting our artists.

I took a last look at myself, I looked good in my tube top jumpsuit and Black Jimmy Choo's Pumps. The whole number had a big bow on the chest, making me look like a gift for Lili. 🤭 I emerged from our room, Lisa is now standing and waiting for me by the door leading out of our shared Condo Unit. She was wearing a bedazzled lapel blazer, black long sleeve blouse inside the blazer and black pants paired with her Manolo Blahnik's Black Pumps. Her long used to be black hair but now colored Red is making her look like fire. She looks like a man when she has her back on you, the whole outfit made her look like a handsome young man, picking up his date for prom. All we are missing are corsages and we'll be on a prom date.

"Eto na. Excited ka ghorl?" I teased her.

"Wow! You look beautiful." She said, her eyes looking at me appreciatively.

"I know. Wait. We look like prom dates, let's pose for a photo." I said to her.

As I pulled her with me against the white greyish walls outside of our unit. We got a perfect shot and went on to her Father's New Restaurant. Upon arriving, her Father and Mother smiled at us.

"Aigoo my beautiful Daughter-in-law is here." Lisa's Mom said with hearts on her eyes.

Her mom always called me her Daughter-in-law though Lisa and I aren't married yet. Mom and Dad are here as well, they were invited by Frederick. My Mom Kim Momo who looks stellar right now kissed me and hugged me.

"Aigooo, my pretty daughter has arrived." Mom greeted me.

I felt embarrassed by both of our parents. Mommy and Daddy were already taking things slowly, they finally stepped back from their businesses, they have time to mingle now with friends. My friends are also here, Lime, Nayeon, Somi and Irene. Each with their families as well. Lisa's Friends, Rabbit, Rosé and Tzuyu were here as well. We all greeted each other and excused ourselves from the parents to sit at one table.

After fifteen minutes Lisa's Father called her to the door as they will now open the restaurant doors. But before that, a speech by Frederick was an inevitable scenario.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, Good afternoon. My family and I are grateful to have you here, thank you for coming to my restaurants all these years. My Daughter Lisa and Soleil has grown up now, each leads a successful life and now Lisa, Lisa would like to share a message of thanks. Lisa?" Her father offered the microphone to her.

"First of all, let me say, Congratulations Daddy for another restaurant you've opened. Thank you for your hard work and love for us. Me and Soleil Unnie are grateful for your love. You nourished us at the time we most needed a Father. You helped us grew into beautiful young women. Dad, thank you for your providence and passion. For accepting me and Jennie. Jennie..."

Lisa looked into my eyes, her eyes were full of love as she smiled at me at the pause.

"Thank you for loving me and supporting me. As it is our sixth year anniversary today, I asked myself what was one thing you didn't have as of yet? Then it dawned on me what was missing. So on our 6th anniversary, I think it's about time..." She paused at this and went back to our table.