Dance as if life depended on it

It was finally our turn, we made an entrance to the stage complete with smoke and pyrotechnics. A flashy entrance one would say, we smiled and danced to the beat. Exuding so much passion and love for dancing. Upfront is Jennie and her friends, cheering for us. This motivated me to dance and give my best performance. Itinodo ko ang pag-sayaw knowing that we worked hard this year. Confident that we've done everything in our power to win. The other teams had a plain performance, walang smoke, pyrotechnics or other visual appeal ang mga performance nila.

We got back to the backstage after naming mag-perform to wait for the announcement, the whole program will resume after 5 minutes, so we are using this time to make quick make-up fixes after our performance so that we maintain our visuals. Syempre nakakahiya namang haharap kami muli sa stage nang mga pawisan at hulas a g mga itchura namin.

"You guys did great!" Coach Sunmi greeted us as soon as we entered our dressing room.

Lahat nagkakagulo para sa muling paghaharap namin sa stage.

"Thanks Coach!" We answered her collectively.

The make-up artists quickly dabbed tissues on our sweaty foreheads and sides of the face, before quickly retouching our make-up. After finishing, the organizers called us back to line up as we made another entrance to the stage. Rosé and Rabbit were standing beside me, we held hands tight as we entered the stage, both hands occupied by Rosé and Rabbit. Each one nervously smiling to the audience the moment we stepped back into the stage.

Fans cheering and screaming, we walked over to our spot and took our place. The emcees re-emerged from the side of the stage to join the contestants. They smiled at the audience and I could see from where we are they were truly excited for the upcoming announcement.

"Welcome back to the finals for Korea's Top Hip-hop Crew!" Choi Shin Hye one of the host said.

"Yes, we are back live here at the KBS Arena for this Top Hip-hop crew battle for the National Championship, we have 20 contestants, the last one we've seen earlier before the break." Park Bo Gum said another host for the show.

"Tingin mo Bo Gum, sino ang mananalo sa taong ito?"

"Shin hye, sa totoo lang di ako makapili ng mananalo, dahil lahat sila sobrang galing, pero stand out ang performance ng BLACKPURPLE, I also liked our new comer DøS, they absolutely blew me away." Bo Gum said.

"Now our judges have finished voting for the team that they thought should represent Korea to the World Stage. May I call on the panel to hand us the envelope please?" Shin Hye said.

Sabay pasok naman ng isang judge bitbit ang isang envelope, three judges followed him with trophies and flowers for the winners of the contest. Inabot ni T.O.P isang kilalang Hip-Hop dancer ang envelope kay Shin Hye, she opened the envelope and got ready to announce the winner. Rosé, Rabbit and I held our hands tight, heads bowed and praying to the Lord that we get this win for our school, the last time we would have to.

Ayaw naming magtapos kami ng walang panalo. This was a now or never thing. After all, we have family businesses to take care of after we graduate, pikit mata kaming tumayo at nakinig sa announcement ng winners for this year.

"Our Top 3, please step forward DøS, BLACKPURPLE and SeDamn." Shin Hye said

"The next team we are going to call will be the third placer." Bo Gum said.

"SeDamn, third placer. Please step forward." Shin Hye said.

Judges flocked to the center stage to award the trophy to the Team and flowers for the members.

"Thank you SeDamn for that powerful performance!" Shin Hye greeted them.

"Now for the second and first placers, ang una po naming i-aannounce ay ang second placer at hindi na namin tatawagin ang first placer." Bo Gum said.