Dreaded Tuesday

Jennie's POV:

It was Tuesday morning, the day that I dread, because the whole school would have known that I was Lisa's girlfriend. Naiinis ako sa bunganga ni Lisa, how could she be so careless? Ugh! Like I said, we were not yet out sa school. Some of our classmates would tease us, some would make fun of me like Kai. I have to avoid her at all costs today. I woke up early and got on with my morning routine. I had breakfast and worked out and rushed out before she can even arrive at my doorstep. I hitched a ride with Nayeon. My class won't start until 7 a.m. but I arrived sa school isang oras bago ang klase ko. Nayeon and Lime's Class starts at 6 a.m. I decided to go and study for my exams in the library.

"Ghorl ang aga mo naman today, hindi ka ba susunduin ni Lisa?" Nayeon quizzed me as soon as I got inside her car.

"Nah. Hindi nya ako susunduin. Ayaw ko siyang makita today." I said to Nayeon.

"Ghorl! Okay ka lang? Classmate mo sya sa lahat ng subjects, imposibleng hindi mo siya makita." Nayeon reminded me.

"Isa pa, Love is Love, Love has no definite gender, so why are you afraid?" Nayeon asked me.

"I would get teased, I don't want people teasing me." I answered Nayeon.

"Sumbong mo kay Jongyeon lahat ng mang-aasar sayo, tignan natin kung maka-graduate pa sila." Nayeon said.

Her partner Jongyeon who's extended family owns our college as well as some other businesses in and out of Korea, she is my friend as much as I am friends with Nayeon. This made me giggle just about when she said it.

"Wag na, Nayeon. I don't want any trouble." I said to her.

"Si Kai ba at sino pa yung mga mapang-asar dyan?" Nayeon asked me.

"Shush! Nayeon! I just don't want to talk about it now, okay?"

Nayeon continued to drive to school. When we got to our school, I bade Nayeon goodbye and told her that I'll see her at lunch.

"Good luck on your exams girl, galingan mo ha?!" Nayeon said as I walked towards the library.

"Babo! Of course I will. Do good in yours too." I said as I walked further away from her.

I got to the library after 3 minutes of walking. I plopped down on one of the tables and continued reviewing. I plugged my earphones in my phone and played an mp3 file, my song Solo played. Hindi ko naman ikakaila na sobrang ganda ng pagkaka-sayaw nila Lisa sa kanta ko. Lisa is known to be a clown in our class, but a beautiful dancer in the entire school. Nobody knew about her sexual preference until two sems ago. When she had her first girlfriend, Aom. I don't know what happened with them, but it was said that Aom was an overbearing and needy girl which led to Lisa breaking up with her. Aom eventually moved to a different school at the start of our next sem.

If Aom was cool with her relationship with Lisa, I prefer to keep ours on a hush. Not because my parents wouldn't approve but because I am not yet ready for others to know that Lisa and I are a thing. People in school could laugh at someone for doing something dumb or simply for falling in love with a wrong person. I wasn't ready for that yet. I can never see myself going through a day with someone laughing at me. It is more of what Kai and other people would think. Lisa has been a good and caring girlfriend to me, don't get me wrong, but my classmates especially Kai, could be so mean sometimes. I realized this after she announced yesterday on live Television about our relationship.

I focused on reading my lessons to prepare for my exams. If I had it my way, I would take the exams early to avoid Lisa. But I couldn't since I paid so much attention to her and her team. I guess it would have to be this way. Alam ko direcho sila sa school pag-dating nila galing sa New York. They only had dinner after they competed and packed their bags to go home to Korea. Ganun sila kabilis doon sa New York. Kaya naman andito lang ako sa library. I think she will look for me as much as she tried to call me and updated me through out her whole trip to New York. Their plane already landed and soon, she'll call me again. Just as I was thinking about this, my phone rang, it vibrated silently cutting off the music. I looked at my phone and saw it was Lisa who's calling.