THIRTEEN

{unedited}

Facing the  ground,  Geneva dropped  her eyelids shut giving way to the  tears underneath that proceeded to  roll down her cheeks.

She inhaled, her  lungs getting their fill, arms  held together above her head with a tight and thick rope that continued upward. Her skin not  accustomed to the tensile material that dug into her flesh. Around  her wrists and above .

Striped from her previous clothing and left in a two piece undergarment that Geneva had no recollection of purchasing, she stood on her feet unable to hush out the air that nipped at her exposed skin.

She felt the continuous flow of blood trickle down her palm.  Aware that the rope socked it up .

The tremors in her hand nor the throbbing had stopped. Seconds that turned to unknown minutes in the silence had passed, with memory of what happened many minutes prior  intact.

Waves  of pain coursed through Geneva's system and she woke up gasping with pants. Her torture audible.

Arms straightly spread out in form of a cross with  her wrists chained onto the cold and  flat concrete  surface, she heaved, twisting against the restrains in the silence. Her head turned, trying to get her bearing once the wave of pain passed only when she stopped fidgeting.

Her wrists hurt and so did her ankles.

Testing the restraints one more time she immediately stopped as an electric shock moved inside her body. Carry pain and stealing beat of her needed breath.

She calmed her thoughts with shut eye And then she saw him first thing  when they opened.

Watching her. His eyes trained on hers.

"Marcelo"

His  name came out strangled.

She remembered and seeing him frightened her. She should have been and she was, but not at the same time. Her body didn't respond to the adrenaline effect she was used to. Pounding heartbeat, aching chest, bombarded with fear, thoughts of gore an accompany. It was the opposite.

Her heartbeat wasn't racing like it should have and her mind, felt split in half. Alert and aware of the dark a scary situation she was in yet hazy about the fact all the same.

Marcelo drew close with  his own pace. Eyes piercing hers  that Geneva only realized later on the tears and tightness in her throat.

"Did you," her eyes stayed on his while he spoke. Looking up into dark ones whilst  his  hand rest on  the crown of her head. " enjoy your time away ?"

She tried, tried  to speak, to say anything but her voice failed her. She'd failed, failed to get away, failed to escape him  and get away with it when given the chance. It crushed down on her and his very presence and penetrating gaze enforced the exerted pressure.

" I must say," he removed his hand from her head and leaned on the surface, his gaze still on hers and folded his arms. His posture comfortable as he gazed down at her.

"I didn't think you'd make such  good use of one hour."

It hadn't taken the guard long to uncover Geneva's  real identity. Not only because of the sudden appearance of the posed maid who later appeared to get out to carry out her usual duty but her brown  eyes.

Eyes he'd seen  difference in as compared to the workers he'd indefinitely gotten accustomed to.

And of course her walk that wasn't a dead give away. Her upright pose with a near constant  straight spine.