NINETEEN

White rage filled her vision.

Marcelo by far had done quite a number on her already. Her best friend was taken from her and so was Dante, together with the men around her, she'd nearly lost her own life escaping him, taken a shooting to her leg, he'd branded her as his, got his men to flagellate her, abducted her mother, threatened her family promisingly, kept her from her family up till now, stabbed her, drowned her in his bathtub.

And now, after all, she'd endured and the apparent decision to stay back under the grounds she'd learned her lesson and to let her mother go to which he had agreed. He,

He-

Geneva's chest rose highly piqued.

He had the gall to underline beneath his statement that her mother would reach her father. A guarantee it was. And yet it was as obvious that his statement had been too precise to ignore the possibility of her body reaching. Either dead or alive. His dark artsy nature would gladly mix it up by claiming she wasn't entirely dead and therefore only merely semi-conscious.

"If,"

Geneva inhaled sharply.

Her hands fisted by her sides whilst she fought through the raging thoughts that had begun to ravage her entire being.

" my father receives my mother in any, state, less than how I've departed from her, I promise you, Marcelo,"

Geneva diverted her glaring gaze from the paved ground that lead to the gate her mother's car had taken, onto the bright and calm horizon of sky blue, birds splattering the live  Canvas with strokes of black.

" for as long as I'm alive, " she faced him with promise in her gaze. Her blood heatedly coursed through her veins. " I will never  let it go."

She held his line of sight. She wouldn't back down. Not even as the air around him shifted. A small smile grazed the corners of his lips and he progressed forward.

One step at a time as his eyes took to a lazy kind of stature as he looked down at her and then held her to him by the waist as a breeze passed by the both of them. It gently grazed her skin as she stood her ground. An encouragement from nature which she decided to take as a sign.

But not so much when Marcelo's hand firmly cupped the back of her neck, his thumb below her jaw guiding her face to remain upward, facing him.

" what are you doing Marcelo ?"

She hadn't anticipated him to touch her, quite intimately at that when she was as lividly serious as she was. His eyes held hers intently with a smile of their own.

His face drew near, her gaze focused intently on his as she kept her composure and the firm decision not to back down amidst the array of thoughts within her mind.

" you're the only one to continually question me right off the bat amor."

Marcelo commented.

His hold on her tightened and her breath audibly hitched. And she gripped his arms and squeezed the hard daunting muscle underneath.

His body warmth and how close the both of them truly were. Their bodies close as they were with clothes as a barrier racked havoc in her mind.

Appreciation.

Both physically and mentally, Marcelo was the perfect fit and more so to the definition of handsome, fit and all-male.

And she panicked when his eyes drew closer, cutting short her lived unawareness  and finally noticing how close his face was. Her back arched inward as an escape from his leaning in.