BEFORE

{unedited}

4 years back.

" we're doing all we can to trace Miss Gabriella De León."

" we'll clearly you're not doing enough." Interjected, Geneva was pissed off at the female  police officer who had come out from her office to try and pacify the situation.

Geneva wasn't having any of it anymore. She tracked her mind back to recall the name of the officer who had placed herself in the loud demand for answers Geneva had been asking for. She didn't care that she had collected a number of eyes nor for the small crowd of officers who had gathered around her because of the loud commotion.

Glaring at the supposed protection force before her, two paunched officers- she wondered how they were permitted to hold a gun, let alone their capability to run after a robber; she bet she could outrun them with ease in a heartbeat. A lot of thoughts, biases, and negativity were the farthest thing from worry if being filtered in her mind, and unbeknown to herself, she was beginning to dislike a lot of figures and have little patience for kindness towards a number of categorized alignments of life that irked and tagged at her anger or irritation. It was getting worse by the day.

The other officers stood looking at her with pity in their eyes. Oh, she knew the look so well - it had been one she'd received end on end when news had broken out that her best friend Gabriella had gone missing.

Abducted right beside her.

And the golden hour had long passed. It was coming to a week now - two days plus the very one they were in, and that was an indication of the worst possible conclusions elevating in bland theory as realization.

The hope of finding her best friend unscathed was dwindling to an alarmingly low possibility curve.

" let's take one more picture. Come on ... it's Manhattan for crying out loud, Eva ." Whined Gabriella hanging onto her arm with a continual tag. Gazing down at her with her smoky eyes - a tease laced right behind her alluring gaze, the strands of her honey-blonde mid-back hair were run through with a gentle breeze.

The look never left her best friend's features. She was an effortless attraction that was impossible to turn down. And ever since they had begun their friendship  in earnest from the start of  high school  to date - the both of them, now high school graduates, entered the new year , it had effortlessly augmented.

"Gabriella, I'm tired." Her best friend had made her walk for God knew how long. They had attended a Broadway show, followed by National Geographic, and taken a tour of the Times Square Museum and the Walk of Fame - well, that part turned out to be the most fun, and now they were smack deep in the heart of Times Square.

The tourists that they were had decided to tour at what seemed to be the peak season of tourism, and the crowded mass didn't dwindle to play on her nerves as she tried to move her way through the crowd of thousands on the road. It didn't help that she wasn't bountifully blessed in the height department, Gabriella not so much either, but she was inches taller than her and managed the sight in front of her fairly well.

Five foot six was a far cry from help compared to her own subtracted inches. Her three-inch healed boots gave her an inch above Gabriella's natural height; however, Gabriella herself   had on her six-inch leather knee-length Saint Laurent boots accompanied by an in-fashion beige trench coat.

Geneva wished she had worn her higher-healed boots. The extra boost in height would have been a good thing for her current irritation - well, maybe, maybe not. Everything was beginning to get on her nerves. With the noise and flock of people bumping into her, Geneva wanted to end the day and head back to their hotel room.