FLEE

{unedited}

There was no loophole in the security. Even when she broke down the hour to fifty, forty five, thirty , fifteen, ten and five minutes, the shifts left no loose end for an escape or attack. It appeared impossible to hit them with any element of surprise on ground.

The forest was out of question. She didn't want to meet any unwanted surprises and was neither sure on the precise location Marcelo kept his wolves nor whether they were stationed deep inside the trees as sniff outs.

She had looked for any females she could imitate, discovering that most of Marcelo's staff consisted of males. The females were older and nearly none was close to her skin tone.

Marcelo had video called and she was required to stay in one of the rooms, listen to whatever he had to say.

The guard at the door made sure she didn't up and leave when Marcelo appeared on the flat screen. A smart move because she would have done so based on the fact she had a problem with the man who still denied her access to pain relievers.

The worst of it had passed but sometimes the pain would leave her immobile with tears at the brim of her bottom eyelids.

"I need painkillers Marcelo, you've proved your point."

He smiled, observant before he questioned. "What was it?"

She didn't want to answer him and she wouldn't have had it not been for his warning. Knowing she didn't want to taste another of his punishments anytime soon.

"Not to try running away, not to fail correctly answering a question asked ." He shot her leg for it.

" pain makes one strong."

At his words Geneva's eyes shot in his direction in disbelief.

"Don't look at me like that amor." He leaned back. Resting his back on a black chair. Appearing comfortable. "It does."

"Is that why you shot me?"

"Suspending you instead with an addition of drawing blood would have taken long, don't you think?"

The serious look and honesty in his words chilled her inner being to the bone. She wanted to run far away. And she was going to. Marcelo frightened her.

"Do you have any plans on running Geneva?"

Her heart gave a short break at his words. Realizing with a start that she had backed away from the screen.

"Running." Geneva repeated the word. Barely a whisper. Shutting her eyes briefly she concluded not to let him ruffle her and opened them. " Marcelo You won't let me go and I will find a way."

"Baby girl." His tone changed to a light one. A finger below his bottom lip and eyes reflecting something unknown to her.

Then he smiled.

A smile that made her stiffen.

"Is that right?"

This time she kept quiet. They weren't in the same room and yet she felt unnerved.

" mi pequeña leona , why play with fire when you know you'll get burned?"
(My little lioness)

" I'm- ," she couldn't complete her sentence because of how intimidated and frightened she had gotten.

He was capable. Capable of making her experience hell. She didn't doubt it one bit.

"Don't cry for mercy leona , alphas don't tend to show mercy regardless gender."
(Lioness)