TWENTY FIVE

{unedited}

Geneva tugged her hand back to herself so she could pocket both hands in her zipped-up brown leather jacket. She was grateful for the body-shaping navy blue jeans that held her in with the comfort her sanitary wear hadn't shifted because, at that very moment , she felt a thick clot leave her warmth  in detail.

Thank God for painkillers. Geneva didn't doubt that she'd be kneeling over in pain if not for them.

" hey." Gabriella tugged at her arm again, drawing it back out of her pocket and holding her hand in her soft one . " how about this, we go to this amazing restaurant I had told you about; we head back, change, and finish the day as we had planned hmm?"

There she went again with that smile of hers, Geneva's brain cells probably sighing at her obvious conclusion - how could she say no?

" to the dot of all that you've said, Ella." She warned with narrowed eyes before agreeing. They had finished and ticked off all the boxes of the spots they wanted to tour and see. The two previous and the present day had been enough for that

"To the dot."

Gabriella smiled big at her, tagging her to herself with their joined hands and hugging her with the other arm around the top of her shoulders.

" I promise," Gabriella added before letting her go and tagging her forward amidst the thong of people.

It just so happened to be her lack today because it was now glaringly evident rush hour had begun a little while back.

Geneva pushed the probing thought that Gabriella had been more physically disposed a few days before they had departed. Not that they weren't comfortable enough with each other in that aspect, but like the hug Ella had just given her, her brain had pointed it out and left it at that.

Like taking note of the shape of a cloud and leaving it at that - to decipher it or move on but rather still aware of its notice.

Geneva wasn't sure what to make of it and had opted to live it as it was. Nothing of major concern.

They went to the restaurant Ella had talked about, their reservation already in; she hadn't known it would have been on the fancy end. She had been conscious of her dressing attire to a reasonable degree because of her now second-to-skin emphasized etiquette upbringing before she let the bothering thought go and mellowed into the experience of having amazing food accompanied by good wine with her best friend.

Gabriella had let her know it was Brad who had suggested it when she'd been searching for good places to dine that she had wanted to take them out to try when in New York.

Another point in his jar appeared because he had not only booked their appointment for less than the duration it usually took to get one but had also cleared their bill.

She didn't miss to gauge Brad's suggestions through the waiter. He must have come here a lot, which could have been reason enough, but Geneva couldn't fight the prickly feeling he was expanding his net ground around Gabriella. And it was either a good or bad thing. However, something told her he meant no harm, but his assertiveness was loud and clear.

Dressed in black latex, a white low deep top with chains as straps around her neck, Geneva finished her look with black flat-bottom heels and golden hoops for her ears and light makeup up which was made up of her lips and eyeliner. A dress was out of the picture considering her womanhood state; she didn't want to risk it, and she'd added the last painkiller for the day.