SIX

{unedited}

Marcelo brought her forward with her thighs. Her back left the edge of the tub giving room for her upper body deep inside the water and the observation motioned her heartbeat into a frenzy.

"Marcelo," she clung onto him for dear life. "You don't have to do this. Please don't do this." She prayed he wasn't about to deliberately drown her. Surely he wouldn't go as far as to.

"Is that right? for what's worth," he spoke besides her ear as his hand lifted and held her neck, his other hand tightened on her hip. "How 'bout we make this a little reminder ."

His hand around her neck pressed down on a pressure point the act made her release her grip on him as her hands rushed to his and unprepared, she found herself pushed back. The warm and clear water parted only to engulfed her body whole. Her body that was effectively held down. Bubbles of air left her mouth while she grappled. Her intakes of water instead of air that went down the wrong pipe.

Her frantic struggle useless against his hold, the knowledge of what was physically happening gave way to the tide of panic that hit hard she gasped then screamed taking up more water and chocking almost all in one go.

Her gaze unfocused, lungs continually filled up with water, her throat constricted , her respiratory on fire. The pain excruciating until little by little the energy in her hands lessened and she stopped clawing. The fight within her flitting while she felt herself slip and wished for an end. For everything to end. It burned so bad and the feeling of loneliness as she believed it was the end for her tagged at the core of her being.

Close to unconsciousness her eyelids dropped. The violent and forceful coughs that consisted of water being expelled from her lungs made her open her eyes at a point.

Stinging, she closed her eyes. There was a hand on her back but her whizzing chest was center of her attention.

Weak after pants and inhales of oxygen, Geneva was relived to feel relief brought by inhaling oxygen. It didn't matter to fight Marcelo when her was body repositioned and chest came into contact with Marcelo's hard one.

His hand on the back of her head keeping her close and the other ran up and down the length of her back.

"Try it again."

She heard him say in the midst of her slightly labored breathing. It was the worst feeling. Being drowned. She didn't have it in her to do anything but stay still and only focus on her breath.

But she was unable to only focus on that because it had taken a toll on her emotionally and Geneva wanted someone to hold onto because of how ruffled the experience had left her.

She held onto the seams of his wet shirt on both ends. Wished for numbness in exchange of the emotional and physical exhaust only to fail miserably.

He bathed and dried the both of them, tended to her wound before he tucked the both of them nude inside the sheets. Skin on skin. Their body heat shared. She wanted to so badly fold and have him deep spoon her. And because of that thought in itself her throat constricted. She hated what he'd just done to her and at the same time wanted him to sooth the pain away. She wasn't immune to human touch nor affection, grew up with both and equally invested in them.

Hands tucked underneath her head below the pillow, Geneva didn't bother with Marcelo's arm that held her to him by the waist and the other underneath her neck folded by the elbow, increasing their surface area of skin contact.

Sex wasn't her route of escape, she'd never felt the want to escape her feelings so bad that the only solution she could see that happening was through the intimate act.