TAKEN

{unedited}

Geneva run to her father's bedroom only to find no one.

Heading down the staircase, she frantically looked for her father. Rushed into the kitchen, family dinning room, his study, the library outside on their backyard just incase he'd gone for a swim or morning run and came up empty.

She'd been close to experiencing a full on panic attack if it hadn't been for the worker who'd let her know that her father had gone out for a bit and had mentioned that he would return soon.

Geneva had held onto the edge of the outdoor kitchen island about to drop.

Knowing that there was no infiltration of sort nor had her father been taken from her, Her nerves begun to let up little by little and with seconds passing, she found the energy to move away from the spot.

She headed back inside the house and up the staircase into her room to freshen up.

The black piece she'd bought alongside Gabriella's dress no longer filled her with excitement prior to the time she'd envisioned her best friend by her side.

It felt like the world was ending and she was dreadfully going to end up in hell unless she rectified everything within time.

She held up her wet and conditioned hair in two simple Greek braids and stared at her reflection in the in the mirror. The act of plaiting had detoured her focus of thought onto something else but her shaky hands and frustration whilst wearing the black Amanda Uprichard jumpsuit said otherwise. It's crossover front and half open back that carried on with a golden zipper had been a fun concept to look at on the clothing but now only a barely there flutter of excitement dressing up brought was all she felt.

She debated on having paired it with a pair of converse but for her father, in positive thinking and positive light, , she'd dress the part and went with the heels in her shoe closet before going down the staircase where she nearly tripped.

Marcelo was coming.

He said he was coming.

"I'm going to give you now , up until we meet baby girl. Let's put into action why you confidently escaped. And If it was for protection," his low humored chuckle sent the coldest chills down her back. " bring forth your best foot. I'd love to challenge your theory."

Today or tomorrow, seconds, minutes or hours away he was coming. And her sweaty palm let go of the rail. She stopped walking. The sharp persistent pain in her gut made her double over.

She couldn't move without strain , the nauseating feeling was getting to her and her heart beat painfully.

Geneva fleetingly accepted she needed the pills stored in her cabinet inside her bedroom but she couldn't get up to go back up the stairs. Her focus on the negative outcome of what could possibly happen only seemed to intensify her labored breathing up until one of the maids spotted her and alarmed rushed over to aid.

Geneva discouraged she call for medical assistance and directed her into her bedroom instead on where to get her pills and was later handed the small container before the maid hastened to and back from the kitchen with a glass of water.

" thank you."

The maid waited until assured Geneva was better, remembering last minute to hand over her phone.

"I heard it ring looking for the pills."

Geneva's gaze moved and lingered on the phone, the feeling of dread sipped in. She didn't want to check who had called but the thought of Gabriella or anyone else for the mater could have called. She retrieved and unlocked the gadget to find it was her father.