TWENTY TWO

{unedited}

" Lorenzo ,"

Geneva called out  as a thought pushed forth. One she let out without much  restraint. Not that it mattered if he happened to catch on with his own personal interpretation of her words.

" are you well versed with the subject of anatomy ?"

Her head turned to face  him with a gentle smile  accompanying her request.

Suddenly, everything else he had to say concerning her family and his leave alone Marcelo himself could wait. She found no reason to listen to any more of it and the hard conclusion had manifested in a harsh and fast manner like a  like  a slap.

She had a to do list that had  numerous  boxes waiting to be ticked off concerning  her  personified affairs in regards of  getting  her life back into her own hands.

Avenging her mother was first on that  list. And in order to have it ticked off, she had to acquire the skill of using a gun. But that wasn't all, besides the patent  fact she wasn't a murder - to which  she knew,    she was  more than  serious about paying Marcelo  back for what he had done to her mother.

Maybe because of what had transpired  in the pool the previous day that left her crying and dejected when he'd said those brutal  words to her and had proceeded to walk away from  like she'd meant nothing at all.

It had stung deeper than she'd expected. Her heart taking  the brunt of it, walking around and replaying his words each second that passed by with repeated gloom.   An emotional state  she failed to  shake off easily.

She acknowledged with sharp difficulty that she wouldn't have been feeling the way she did if feelings from her end hadn't been involved. But even then, it was pang to  know that she wasn't as significant as she'd thought herself to be.

For Pete's sake he had abducted her and taken her through hell to prove a point -she belonged to him over and over again like one addicted  to drugs who always found  themselves with a way of acquiring the substance no matter the circumstances.

She'd thought him  into her. And though a fraction  of her had found it difficult to believe at first , she  had come around to the thought. The new discovery had hit her hard in the  face when she'd chosen to be honest  with herself and introspect  after she'd calm down from the fresh pain of her crushed heart.

Still, she'd concluded powerfully*m that it wasn't the end of her world.

She'd live.

Like she still was .

Taking a step back into the past,  it wasn't the first time this kind of pain had clawed it's way into her heart. She had her ex to be thankful for  that. Though this time round,  it had stung ten times worse. And they hadn't been officially dating to begin with.

If this was the power of distraction  a situationship carried, she concluded she wanted none of it if ever at all.

And of course she'd conclude so. Infidelity was something she would never acclimatize to in her life. It had  been a fact within herself  that she'd come to accept  regardless the double standard defense around the topic where  man was pardoned and put on a pedestal for it.

When she had found out that her ex had cheated on her, she had  heard and experienced the absurd expectation to understand that apparently it was okay for men to do so because they didn't put their  feelings into it all the time  and that it didn't mean anything because for them, it was merely an act to satisfy their needs  plainly.

Women on the other hand, acting out with even sane reason  was taboo , up till date with the attack on the propaganda that women had sexual needs and desires like men  and hence had  a right to act on them without condemnation.