FACE TO FACE

{unedited}

Gabriella's birthday party was in full swing, Geneva had her eyes fixed on the long table filled with a delicious variety of delicacies. She was in search of one particular food.

Dates

She remembered telling Dante precisely to buy the fruits in plenty.

Ignoring the warm breeze that caressed her skin, and the chatter by family members and friends out in the backyard compound, she carried on with her search.

"Hello, beautiful."

A deep voice she had heard before sounded behind her. Mindlessly, she shrugged it off as one of Gabriella's friends and simply hummed.

"Hey."

Geneva stopped searching for the fruit immediately her butt connected with warm hard muscle. A muscled arm held her waist and she straightened then stilled.

"What are you looking for that has your undivided attention, Geneva."

A shiver run down her spine at the same time goosebumps broke out on her skin as the voice whispered beside her ear. His voice deep and smooth affected her.

She frowned and then turned around. Ready to question the unknown man's confidence to touch her so and her eyes widened at the sight before her.

It was Marcelo.

Dante's, her brother figure's close friend. She had glanced his way a few times. Saw him for the first time five days prior to Gabriella's birthday party.

They had locked eyes for a whole five seconds before Dante stood in front of him, blocking their stare. He later warned her in the night to stay clear of Marcelo.

She guessed he was in the drug business as well. It was no secret to Geneva that Dante was involved in a business of sorts. He hadn't hidden it from her and Gabriella his sister when he entered the business. Both she and Ella decided to mind their own business though warned him to be safe and not die.

He assured them both it would never come to that and explained the business only got bloody when betrayers were involved.

"Marcelo."

She said his name taking in the fact he was in front of her. With not much personal distance between their bodies.

"Geneva."

He smiled down at her and she stared at how handsome he was. White pearls show casing surrounded by his edible-looking lips. His defined jawline, then green entrancing eyes.

She had checked him out from afar. Took head to her brother's warning however and didn't approach him. She had never known how he looked until five days ago when he visited the house.

Geneva had only heard his name spoken over the phone, Dante's phone.

"What are you doing here?"

She questioned, snapping out of her trance and trying to get his hand off her so she could move. He pressed up on her and she panicked. Her hormones jumped in excitement, her brain remembered Dante's stern warning.

"I wasn't welcome?"

"I don't ..."

She didn't remember  the mention of his name  when she wrote down  the guest list with Gabriella ."

Dante made it his goal to never bring over his business partners. Not even Marcelo who he had been friends with for years. So why was he here?

He pushed forward and Geneva retreated, nearly falling into the food on the table behind her.