TWENTY

And like a tide,  the sea of emotions within Geneva rose in succession with significance. Lengthy periods of wave after wave took course. One after the other, greater in magnitude by the second that led to the deepening depth of her sobbing.

Leaning against the wall with her legs pulled up to her chest with her hand clenched like a fist against her chest, Geneva's body shook as the unavoidable dam of deep sorrow and pain burst from within.

All of it, from her running away from the men who chased after her and nearly successfully getting assaulted in the vilest way possible, Geneva sobbed bitterly at her life in Mexico.

Her dearest mother, her papa who was no doubt in hunt for her. Marcelo mentioned that they hadn't come to an accord of sorts.  Something she wasn't certainly aware of the detail for to date didn't know what Marcelo wanted with her. Nor did she know what she could possibly have to offer him that he already didn't have or could get easily.

The memory of her life being under his captivity unraveled in her mind from the get-go. Beginning with Sam where it all started to go wrong, Mexico, and finally her home country, France.

Francis had died protecting her alongside all his men. They had been her family too. And the deep wound pierced deeper.

Geneva's heavily torn gaze slowly opened and epitomized a blurred sight of her tattooed thighs and she shut her eyes pushing her head back against the wall with force as her face contracted in pain for all that she had gone through. The scars and marks that she now carried on her body that used to be blemish-free. Her body now became an ever-present reminder of it all and it burned her scorchingly.

It hurt both physically and emotionally to bear and condone with and she cried her heart out bitterly. Her breath was uneven it became difficult to breathe.

Curling into a ball she held her legs to her chest laying on the floor by her side because it hurt everywhere.

Geneva went through the turmoil of painful emotion with no escape. It seemed that her cup of endearment had reached its limit and the cracks had begun to pour out.  She couldn't store her feelings inside nor could she ignore them anymore.

It felt like an overflow that she couldn't stop nor control and she let it happen,  defenseless against the force of all she had unknowingly kept inside.

Her thoughts morphed into the persons that had crossed her path in life, María,  her son she had grown to love in mere hours, her best friend Gabriella,  and Dante,  never left the back of her mind. 

Gabriela and Dante's warmth that she missed beyond words wrapped around and clung to her heart.  She wanted to go back home, go back in time, and do it all differently.

She'd not have jumped over Marcelo's feet for those stupid dates, she'd have stirred clear of him had she known the outcome of her now seemingly foolish action.

It cost her, her life.

But most of all, it nearly cost her her mother's life. And that weighed heavier than osmium that she was the cause.

All she could see behind her eyelids as she held herself tighter was her mother's face as her life had begun to slip away.

Like a horror clip with a glitch, all her mother's faces that composed of a smile and happiness mixed with that of when she got shot,  watching as she dropped to the floor. It frightened her and she whimpered at each second of memory with physical constriction. So tight her skin tightened aligning with the painful feelings of her being.

With no way out but through all she felt, Geneva let herself sink and stopped resisting the tides of her feelings. And, inevitably, she found an odd peace in the heart of the sea of her suffocation.