TWENTY SIX

{unedited }

About to give the female officer a piece of her mind in the nicest way possible while she swatted away the official's gesture to hold her shoulder - a sign of comfort, Geneva's lips parted and her breath slowed as she inhaled, her eyes fixed on the dark navy blue shirt of the police officer.

Right there and then, that moment, it hit her that there had been a man she'd thought suspicious upon Gabriella's and her return journey.

A teeter upon her step back, Geneva carefully rampaged through the trip back from New York to LA.

Someone had been following them!

She now believed more than ever that it wasn't just an odd filling nor a mere passenger who had been sticking out in her mind. Her conscious had been trying to communicate with her that something had been amiss.

Maybe it had been God trying to show her.

She retraced further for the scraps of detail. Desperately tried to figure out the scenes she didn't take diligence leave alone interest in.

The black van.

As much as she tried to grasp for straws, she had not taken a look at the van's number plate.

Geneva gazed around the building of the police state force, she was now familiar with the interior by the handful of times she had frequented it to ask for an update . Rejecting the idea of phoning the officer in charge of her case who wasn't around as of the very day.

She didn't trust him one bit.

He just passed as an inside man working with criminal organizations and had an important role both to play and within the force.

Perhaps it was bias to do with the movies she had watched to conclude so however, she refused to ignore her intuition about anything anymore.

She would have loved to ask to join the search squad and that was if one had even been assigned to locate her best fiend.

Most probably yes , it had been . The officer in charge had a change in attitude for the second time after Geneva had revealed her name as she reported the case of her best friend missing and his face has expressed slight distress when Brad had introduced himself shortly after when he entered the office.

Brad of course had drawn a fair sum of attention to those who knew him independently and the combination of those who knew who he was because of who his father was.

Not to forget that his father had personally made a call to the officer head the very next day which was the current's day's previous.

Geneva didn't know what had been exchanged word for word besides what she had suggested but it had appeared to have taken a more forefront approach when she had come back in the afternoon for an update.

Today, the only update she had gotten was that Gabriella hadn't been the only female missing around their age group. The case was birthing in to a worse and bigger case by the second that Geneva couldn't find nor see herself sleep in peace. The prospect of being idle while her best friend was missing; more intolerable.

Each minute that passed by was like a dagger to her heart, a reminder of the ticking seconds that passed with Gabriella still abducted.

Her face frowned as she tuned out the police officer and her speech that was of no good to her. Would have just added to more of her already brewing irritation.

It was now on the news, 'America's beloved former youngest ice skating Olympian was missing along with a couple other females of her same age group; cases might be linked to same possible syndicate according to the similar factors of abduction.'