Seven

His face loomed over me.
"Caught ya," he hissed as I gasped awake. Hunter's lips pulled back in a snarl as I immediately tried to push him off of me. "Be a good girl Hayley, this will only hurt worse if you struggle," he had an iron grip on my wrists as he pinned me to the bed, his hot breath coming out heavily as he sniffed my neck. He held both my wrists with one hand as the other started to touch me all over, sliding down my body roughly. He paused to twist one of my nipples painfully.
With a small cry I head butted him, my forehead busting against his mouth. "I said obey bitch!" He commanded with blood dropping down his chin.
My very being froze at the command.
No! Impossible, I was no longer this weak... No, Cayden taught me to be stronger than this.
But had he?
Wasn't it up to me to use the mental training he gave me to block Hunter? It was my own willpower and yet it was failing me now.
"That's right," he chuckled with blood still running down his lips as I froze underneath him. "Such a good little bitch," he cooed to me like I was his pet who didn't understand his words but would react to his soft sweet tone.
I tried to form words but it was as if all the fight was gone from me with that one simple word.
Damn him. His grey eyes flashed in triumph as he started unbuckling his pants.
A stream of warm tears flowed freely down my face as i could only watch in horror as he pressed his half naked body close to mine, forcing my legs to open wider, reaching in between our bodies, he ripped my underwear and it took all but a millisecond for him to slip inside of me. The moment he started moving and panting above me, I looked away, staring off at the wall, I dissociated in that moment, drawing into myself, blanking my mind of any thoughts only ones of someone bursting into the room and demanding what was going on played over and over, it was my happy place, you could say.

An eternity later, he was done as he collapsed on top of me. When his cheek pressed against mine, he pulled back with a chuckle. A damn chuckle and said, "I can still feel the tears running down your face."

I sniffled, feeling defeated as he leaned back in and growled, "mine," before tearing into my neck with his sharp canine fangs. A spray of hot blood hit my face as I screamed for Cayden.

"Wake up! Hayley!" I blinked, still sobbing as I looked up at Cayden; who had scratch marks all over his face and now held my wrists in a tight grip.
Gasping i yanked away, scrambling until I was falling off the bed, hitting the ground, I rolled over and shot out the room.
And then I froze as my thoughts caught up to me.
Just a bad dream wrapped in a horrible memory. And Cayden had tried waking me, only for me to fight him. With a defeated sigh, my shoulders sagged as Cayden caught up to me.
"Hey it's ok," he said in a soft tone as he wrapped his arms around my shoulders and pulled me into a tight hug.
"I hurt you," I sobbed into his chest.
He stroked my hair and gave me a kiss on my forehead. "You were afraid and felt threatened, so you attacked. I wouldn't want it any other way. Even if I have to walk around looking like I lost a fight with a alley cat," he stated as if he were actually proud of me for clawing him up.

I giggled as I imaged that before I sucked in a shaky breath. "God I hate him. But not as much as I hate myself," I admitted. Cayden stayed quiet. Usually after a bad dream slash memory, after calming me down when I woke up, I wouldn't talk about it, by now I would have pulled away from him and gone to taken a long hot shower as I scrubbed my skin raw, feeling as if i wanted to just leave my body, replace it somehow with a new untouched untainted one. Feeling trapped inside of a used up shell.

"I hate what I allowed happen to me. I hate how I valued staying alive above my sanity, above my self respect."

Cayden pulled back to look me deep in my eyes as if he's trying to peer into my very soul. "Hayley, you believe you were the weak one, but he is the coward, the sick twisted bastard, he lured you in with a false face, then forced you to submit using trickery and pain. No matter how strong a person is, mentally and physically, they can still find themselves a victim to another. It doesn't reflect badly on them. If you met a girl who was in your situation would you be disgusted with her? Would you think she's not fighting hard enough? Would you put even an ounce of blame on her?"

I shook my head as I sighed. He was right of course, but that didn't stop the little voice in my head.

"Stop being so hard on yourself. If the world were a better place, being young and dumb or trusting the wrong person or walking down a dark street alone or even getting drunk at a frat party wouldn't end with a heinous act. But the world is shit filled with shit people. And that blame should never rest on your shoulders, my love."

I softened at the word love. He meant it. He cared for me, looked after me, made me a better person.

"Oh Cayden, if I hadn't met you" I threw my arms around him.

"If you hadn't met me you'd get to a point where you wouldn't be able to take the abuse any longer. You would have plotted and fought back. There's a warrior inside of you, Hayley never doubt that."

"Fine," I rolled my eyes but I felt ten times lighter inside. "But you did speed things up we can agree on that, so thank you, I'm not sure if I ever did," I kissed his cheek before pulling away, still too shaken from the nightmare to do more physical contact than we were.

"Don't thank someone for being a decent person Hayley,"he chastised me with a slight frown that made me roll my eyes again. I knew his annoyance came from me not feeling as if I deserved a stranger to step in to help me.

"So first night in Germany, I would say it was a success, but..." I trailed off bitterly as I turned to walk back into our room, inside of our new home we rented under false names. "Gonna take a shower Don't wait for me to eat breakfast it's gonna be a minute."

"Love you!" He called after me, I would have repeated it but I was already shutting the bathroom door. A tremor ran through my body as the nightmare tried to stay inside of my head.

"Go away," I hissed as I flicked on the hit water. "Never again, never again," I repeated to myself for a full fifteen minutes before I felt as if my memories were pulling back behind a locked door that they had spilled out of. Once again locked deep inside my mind, away from the surface. I could almost pretend sometimes none of it was real.