Eight

Would today be the day I turned into an alpha? Will it be the day Hunter's obsessed ass catches me? Is there a chance Cayden will realize he was way over his head and abandons me?

Stay tuned, on the fucked up show, thats my life.

"You hit like a girl," Cayden taunted with a smirk as I glared at him.
"You truly know what to say to make me want to lay your ass out, is that your goal here?"

He shrugged as we circled each other. "You hesitate before making a brutal blow, I want you to be satisfied with beating me down, I'm strong you know, I can take it; you couldn't hurt me if you tried, not with those baby fists."

I gasped; my mouth nearly dropping open before I shook my head with a laugh, "when these baby fists uppercut you and knock you out cold, how embarrassed will you be?" He laughed and being a sore loser and massive cheater that I was, I used the opening to launch myself at him. He had no time to react as I slammed us to the floor and grabbed him by the throat lightly as I tapped him in the head with my fighting stick. "Dead," I smirked down at him, a smile was still on his face as he rolled his eyes.
"You kill like a girl too."
Gasping, I dropped the stick and swatted at his shoulder. "You're so horrible. Let me have one moment geez," I laughed as he rolled us over. Giving me a quick kiss on the forehead before rolling off of me and pulling me up with him.
"I'm thinking of making us dinner tonight," Cayden said causally as we headed upstairs, having been in the basement that we turned into a gym. Nothing special just a few mats and fighting staffs.
"You say that as if you don't always make us dinner. I'm starting to think I'm extremely bad at it," I commented.
"Oh no! I quite enjoy that meal you made last time," his tone was dripping in sarcasm. "Strawberry shortcakes. Some would say it's hardly a dinner but not in this household," his tone had me nearly doubling over in laughter. I remembered the look on his face when I had presented four strawberry shortcakes after offering to make dinner.
"Okay okay, so snacks aren't dinner." I stuck my tongue out at him as we came into the kitchen. Dropping down, I sat at the table and watched him as he started opening the fridge.

"How is it possible?" I wondered aloud as Cayden squinted at the cookbook in front of him. "How does he keep finding us?"

Cayden shrugged. "Networking with other wolves and his parents money probably helps. "But Don't worry, he's not that connected and rich that he'll be able to find us everywhere. We'll be safe in Germany for a few years."

How ridiculous. It was absurd. And I was getting sick of it. It hit me that Hunter was never going to give up. I thought if we kept running he'd get bored. But that wasn't happening.

"We need to face him head on: go to him," I banged my fist against the table and Cayden leaned against the counter, dinner forgotten as he faced me. I nodded to myself. "We have to go back."  I couldn't hide out anymore. "We have to kill him."

"Ok," Cayden agreed. I expected a fight.
"Ok?"
"Yeah," he came to sit down in front of me. "We've been training for months. You're ready to kick ass babe," he grinned at me. "While he has all his hired help running around finding us, we'll be making a home visit."
I grinned. But my heart was going wild. Would I freeze when I saw his face? Would a panic attack overtake me? But none of that mattered.
"No more running?" I asked, wanting to get to a point where I wasn't always looking over my shoulder.
"No more running," he agreed. "We take him out, we move on, and do what we've always wanted."
"Liberating omegas?" I grinned; feeling an uneasy feeling settling over me from discussing the future. I hadn't thought about my future in so long. My goals and plans. My life has been consumed by one simple thing and that's surviving  Hunter. While I was with him and while I'm away from him.

He left me with no choice. He should have let go, shouldn't have tried to force me back.
I wouldn't have bothered him, all I wanted was my freedom. But now he's backed me into a wall and given me one choice.
To kill him. And take what I deserved.

I wanted to begin my life again. And I wouldn't let him stand in the way of that.