Twelve

Since coming into town, Cayden and I had made plans. Of course on how to kill Hunter. We figured we'd lead him to us. First we rented a cabin basically in the woods. Then we covered ourselves in mud to appear as if we were trying to hide, or else Hunter would get suspicious. But we left my hair clean, a sure way when I shifted, I wouldn't be as muddy. Then we knew Hunter would be more likely to come alone or even with one or two friends in his haste to get to me, thinking he was catching us unaware. And not knowing I spent a year training to kill him.

Obviously something in the plan went wrong. Cayden had to leave me there, knowing Hunter would strike without backup if he though I was alone. But Cayden was supposed to come right back. And until then I was supposed to kick ass.

It all was perfect in theory. But then Hunter said he caught Cayden and my confidence evaporated. And someone must have been sneaking up behind me. Hunter hadn't striked me, being near fainting himself. His backup must have came and because Cayden was caught, he didn't take out those obstacles.

I groaned as my head pounded. My wrists were tied together in chains that was hooked to an iron hook above my head, my feet were touching cold concrete. 

"Awake?" Hunter asked as he prowled to me, all healed up, having must turned into a wolf. "I lied about him you know, we still haven't found him yet," he laughed at my murderous expression at being tricked.

"You're a strong bitch now, I missed this Hayley, the one who fought back, but you're even more now aren't you? He build you up and made you strong baby." Hunter got behind me as I shook the burning silver chains trying to get away. "I'm going to have so much fun breaking you all over again. And when I find that fucker, I'm going to kill him very slowly in front of you." He laughed softly. "You'll never disobey me again," he tucked my hair behind my ear and whispered the last words into my neck like a lover.

Hot rage filled my veins as I kicked my leg back, hitting him hard and feeling satisfied when I heard him hiss in pain.

Laughing, I half turned my head, pulling against the chains holding me from the ceiling, I wiggled to try to see him before he was in my face in a flash, gripping my face painfully as he stared down at me with hatred in his eyes.

"I won't break this time, not when I see you as the weak fucker that you are," I spat in his face and he didn't flinch or wipe it away. Instead he smiled.

"That's the spirit," he grinned as if he were amused by me as if I were a small harmless child throwing a tantrum. It burned me up and made me want to scream in rage and show him just how strong I had become. More so than those blows I had dealt him. If he had been alone we both knew I would have killed him. I wouldn't bow to him ever again.
I wouldn't let him break me...

Never again, I repeated inside my mind. Never again will I give in without a fight.