Cayden

"Hayley?" I answered, confused at hearing her voice from an unknown number. "I got your text I'm on the way there now," I reassured, almost hanging up but hearing the desperate tone in her voice as she started shouting. "What?"

"Don't. Go! It was Hunter, he found the phone, Cayden," she sobbed. "He's planning to kill you, just like he did Matt."

Matt's name hit me square in the chest as she confirmed what I already knew. Hunter killed him. And he thought he could come kill me, the spoiled brat. Anger that I hated having came up full force.

"It's time Hayley, come help me, we're going to have to take him out now. Meet me at my house."

"No, no I'm not ready yet."

"Yes you are, I taught you how to fight, the mental training I was telling you about, it's good to have but it's more for omegas like me, those easily controlled by a full blooded weres command to submit, you'll be fine, you're not even involved in the pack," I insisted, believing in her, as she learned very quickly how to fight. After all it was a bunch of rich brats, how strong could they really be? They were nowhere near as big and matured in fighting as my last pack who I took on.

She sobbed again into the receiver. "Cayden...I...I promise you I'm not ready, I stood up to him before he left okay? I did it, but it didn't work."

I sucked in a breath. So she must have attacked him, and he beat her down. I didn't expect him to win in a fight after I trained her. He was a rich lazy kid who gained alpha status from his parents negligence from the pack, he got it too easy, way too early and was used to having jockys do his dirty work. If I had known he was actually strong...dammit. Red hot rage filled me at the thought of him beating her down, hurting her.

Her smile no longer on her face, her smile that reached her eyes never coming back after it took so long for me to get one from her.

Her weird strangled laugh, as if she hadn't laughed in ages, filled my head and I knew he ruined that too.

"Fuck it Hayley, I'll kill them all by myself."

"You can't, you know you can't," she screamed in desperation, "Please, please don't try, don't leave me. Please, if you lose, remember we didn't finish our training. If you both kill each other and I end up back in another situation..."

"You won't, you're smarter than that."

"Cayden, I'm... dammit we don't have time for this! I'm an omega Cayden, the next person to tell me to submit, I will, alpha or not, I'll submit and it could be much worse for me. Please, I have a plan."

I froze. She was half human too? If she had only told me, I would have taught her mental training before physical. Moon above, how did I not realize? It's why she reminded me so much of my mother. The way she bowed her head and never looked up or in anyones eyes. How she hunched into her self when she sat down. I thought it was her personality but I knew now it was because she was forced to submit and it changed a person. Her damn collar "property of Hunter" around her neck as if she were his pet. That should have been a clue right there. She was strong. She wasn't with Hunter for his money, status or love. She was with him because she was forced to be.

It burned me alive and I wanted to skin that Hunter as he screamed. Dark thoughts filled my thoughts at what Hayley must have been through. She was forced to submit. I've known what that was like, seen how it was used on my mother. It could be made to make them do anything...My stomach rolled. I should have grabbed her and ran when I first saw the bruises. Every night she went back to him and faced cruelity. But I hadn't known it was so severe that she was unable to even say no, to fight to protest or run away if she chose to. She was enslaved to him. Held captive.

"Cayden! Are you there?"

"I understand, what's your plan?" I said but I was already thinking of still killing the bastard. What a low life piece of shit. I was so sick of those who took advantage of others.

"You call his father, you tell him you're new in town and want to join the pack. They love having more in the pack, it means more numbers and a stronger pack, he'll agree and Hunter won't be able to do anything to you. No matter what you do, he won't be able to touch you unless you go against the pack. And being around me, a nonpack member, wont be cause for death. After Matt, he knows that."

Join another pack? My mind flashed to the last pack I was in, back before when I was a true omega bitch. I killed innocent lives, cleaned up bodies, for that pack. Had to kill them all to walk away. but I did. I did it. And I could do it again. And I could take Hayley with me.

Whatever I felt for Hayley intensified. She was one of us, like me, like my mom. Born weak. But I won't let her die weak like my mom.

I'll make her like me. We will die strong.

"Ok," I agreed. "Hayley, if I do this, I want you to promise me you'll keep coming to our training sessions and I want you to promise you keep trying to defy the commands he pushes into your head."

There was a short pause before she whispered, "I promise. Now here's the number... Listen, be safe, this isn't a bulletproof plan. When it comes to me, Hunter acts firsts and thinks later."

"Don't worry Hayley, one day all this will seem as a distant nightmare," I told her. "I will see you soon," I said leaving no question for argument, needing to make sure she was ok. "Goodnight," and then hung up to make a call to an asshole who raised a monster.

Everything in me just wanted to go pick her up, move her into my house. Waking up everyday to her laying her head in my lap or on my shoulder, how peaceful her face looked in sleep, like a little angel. To attempt to cook all the foods she loved. To laugh out loud with her to every comedy movie ever.

One day Hayley...one day.

Cayden Chapter part Two next.