25

"You sure you want to stay longer? It's getting late. We've been at it since 6am to 9pm every day only stopping for food and bathroom breaks," Cayden was still confused by the 180 attitude I was showing. Staying out with him all day? Confidently hugging him back? Training hard like we only had this week.

Ok, we did, but he didn't need to know that.

"What's wrong am I kicking your ass?" I put my hands on my hips and laughed, feeling empowered and so unlike my usual self. The fear of Hunter was still there. Very much so. Everything in me screamed to run away from Cayden and be obedient to Hunter, but I pushed that down. I missed my old myself and around Cayden I felt her coming back out, no even knowing she had all but disappeared.

We've been training hard all week and it was coming to an end. Thank the moon above that werewolves were quick learners. He taught me a few different fighting styles and self defense techniques. We also meditate from 9pm to 12am when I finally head home. Knowing Hunter could still come by to sleep but he never does. It was quiet and peaceful in the house and I hoped his parents stayed for a few months so I could get the courage to leave him.

"Let's go out tomorrow, have some fun. I think you've earned it," Cayden was saying as he walked me to my car that I was now allowed to drive it as I pleased. I pondered his suggestion. Tomorrow was Friday, I would have to meet up with Hunter at seven for a family dinner.

"Ok," I agreed as he opened my car door for me and I slipped inside, looking back up at him as I started the engine with a push of a button. "But lets do it early, and then I have to go to the mall and be home for plans at 7pm," I informed him.

He smiled and nodded. "It's a date then." At seeing my eyes widen in horror he backtracked. "But not like in a romantic sense." Relieved, I told him I couldn't wait.

The next day he took my paintballing.

"See? It's still like training, but fun," he explained as he handed me a vest and eyewear.

My whole body vibrated in happiness. Already, I felt exhilarated at what was to come, never having done this before. Its been so long since I've felt this alive.

Spending the day paintballing with Cayden, running around the woods with a group of other people, hunting and tagging each other with bruising paint, had been the best time of my whole miserable existence.

And then it came to an end and I realized I would have to see Hunter's face again tonight. Why hadn't I spent a night at Cayden's? Only to be away from that insufferable house?

But it was too late for regret, as I found myself saying goodbye to Cayden, rushing to the mall to get a dress before rushing to a hair appointment of them simply styling to and heading next door to get my nails done. If I didn't look magnificent, and up to Hunter's parents standards Hunter would find time to break away from his parents to surely beat me down and degrade me.

****

Dinner was not very interesting with hardly any if at all, stimulatingly conversation. His parents seemed glued to their phones, only looking up to order wine so far.

"You look so beautiful tonight, Hayley," his mother peeked over her large phone to wink at me. "I'm so happy Hunter has someone like you to keep him from loneliness."

Hunter smiled brightly at me and I knew I earned brownie points with him.

"Tell me Hayley," his father looked at me coldly, "why aren't you more involved with the pact?"

I looked over at Hunter, but his dad slammed a meaty fist down on the table, causing all the dished on the table to shake. Out of the corner of my eyes, I saw his mom look around nervously, but we were tucked into a dark corner of the restaurant, at his dads request.

"You will look at me, not my son when talked to. Why Hayley? What could be more important than the pact?" I gulped at his intense stare.

"Her studies-" Hunter began but his dad's fierce stare was enough to cut him off.

I wiped my sweating hands on my designer new dress as I met his stare, continuing with Hunter's excuse, I told him, "I'm looking into getting into an ivory league college, of course the pact is very important to me. I'm only thinking of the bigger picture. I'll be more useful this way."

His mother nodded her approval and sent me a reassuring smile, but his dad only glared hard.

"How so? What are you studying?" he stumped me. I barley was able to do my school work, how did I even know what could be useful? No one has pushed me in my cover stories other than Cayden.

"Um, er-"

"Well?" he growled. "Spit it out. Tell the truth." And then I felt it, the alpha part of him, challening me, forcing me to obey, against my will.

"I haven't studied in forever," I admitted and then gasped, "I'm not allowed to study or go around the pact, or Hunter will-"

"Enough," Hunter whispered. I gulped, looking over at Hunter, but he was silently watching his father. Who was now laughing, at first a slow laugh but then it turned louder.

My cheeks heated up in embarrassment as I realized he knew. He knew I was omega. His mother was looking at me in distain now.

"You think I couldn't smell the weakness?" He addressed Hunter now. "I'm your superior, I could smell she was omega filth on the car ride over. Sadly, I was too busy to realize it before."

Everything in me felt it was caving into itself. It was as if I were an object an - Hunter reached over and grabbed my shaking hand.

"Lets move on from this, don't compel her again," he said, causing me to look at him in shock. Was he standing up for me? Or staking claim?

His dad chuckled and his mom snorted. "Wrap it up sweetie, I don't want a half human to bare your children, the future leaders of this pact," his mother wrinkled her nose in disgust. Any good feelings I had felt towards her gone in an instant.

The bitch. Hunter squeezed my hand, before pulling away.

It was all bizarre. And when dinner was served, I couldn't even eat a bite, not that anyone cared or bothered to talk to me anymore. They knew I was Hunter's slave, his plaything and they didn't care.

When they dropped me off at the house, Hunter told me they were going on a weekend trip, to get info on Matt from other pacts, he said it with a cold look in his eyes.

Once he was gone, I texted Cayden. I made a decision. I wanted to spend the rest of the weekend at his house.

sorry for the undetailed rushed chapter I had writers block on this chapter and wanted to get passed it and move on