Hayley

I woke up and stretched, feeling sore from being forced to sleep on the floor. Hunter was true to his word that he would make me understand that having the status as his girlfriend was much better than being his prisoner.
How dumb of me; my face burned with shame at how I had carried myself lately. Super embarrassing to think someone would come to my rescue like Prince Charming. This was real life. And such fantasies were ridiculous. It is what it is. And I'm an omega, I could never change that. It was laughable to think I actually believed Cayden's bullshit story and that training would do any good.

Impossible.

"Hey pet," Hunter stepped out the bathroom naked, rubbing his wet hair with a towel. "Bring me some clothes would ya?" Before he went back into the bathroom.

Jumping to my feet, I rushed to do as I was told. Gathering his favorite outfit, along with socks and boxers, I went into the bathroom, looking down at the ground as I approached him, "here," I placed the clothes down on the dry side of the counter as he started to brush his teeth. "Anything else?" I asked, standing there until he was done. I could feel his gaze on my face.

"Somethings different about you Hayley," he stepped forward, grabbing the back of my neck, he pulled me forward and leaned in and sniffed me. "Fuck," he muttered, "the omega smell is stronger Hayley; what did you do?" He asked as I stared at his lips, refusing to look up into his eyes, already feeling the heat of them on my face.

"I haven't done anything," I answered, still feeling disconnected from myself. "Is there anything else you want from me?" The strong need to please him, make him happy, don't disobey, don't make him angry, came at me full force, nearly choking me. I just wanted to make him happy. His needs now consumed my thoughts as I placed my hands on his naked stomach, letting them trail down. Before I could reach my target, his big hands circled my wrists, holding them tight.
"Don't you want me?" I looked down at our bare feet now, feeling rejected. Unwanted. What was I good for then? If not this? If he didn't want me anymore where did that leave me?

"Hayley," he growled low in his throat and I whimpered as I realized I had upset him. But then he was spinning me around and shoving me against the counter, my hands fell onto the countertop to keep from falling forward as he pressed into my backside. "You can feel how badly I want you," he said into my ear as he leaned over me. "So badly it hurts, everything in me in saying take you right here, right now."
I nodded and waited for him to enter me but then a long pause went on as his breathing filled the air. Finally he stepped away.
"I'm worried if I do, everyone's going to be able to smell you for what you are. Hayley, I'm so happy, you're mine now, completely I can tell. But I can't have you just yet. Not until after school. We gotta figure out how we're going to hide that smell of yours," he spun me back around and I eyes automatically went to his shoulders. Anywhere but his eyes. But then he was gripping my chin. "And stop that," he growled. "Everyone will know Hayley," desperation entered his tone. "Don't stare down, look me in my face."
"It hurts," I whimpered as I peered up at his eyes. "Everything inside is telling me not to. I'm not challenging you Hunter," I nearly cried as I looked down at this lips. Ah, better.

"Fine my pet, just look at my face, as close to my eyes as possible when we are around others. I'll take you out of school soon, you don't need it after all. College was never in your future. You'll go wherever I go."
"Ok," I agreed and watched as Hunter's mouth stretched into a smile. His hand came to the back in my neck again and he pulled me into a deep kiss before pulling away, rubbing circles into the back of my neck that he still held.
"You're such a good girl," he breathed as he stared down at me. "And you're all mine, Hayley, I'm so happy."
Good, that's all that mattered. He wasn't cross with me and I had made him happy. The fear of being kicked to the curb, that came to me when he rejected me, subsided. He was going to keep me.
Nothing else mattered. Nothing.
"I love you Hunter," I told him what he wanted to hear. Was this love? I had once thought no, but I realized just then that no, it was better than love.

It was belonging.

It was the best an orphan omega like me would get.