Six

Not Cayden. My heart froze in my chest. Never take Cayden from me.

I roared and rage bled into my vision as heard a whimper of pain leave Cayden's throat.

Cayden who made me smile and laugh as if it were the easiest thing to do. As if someone like me had a reason to smile and laugh. But dammit he pulled it off. Without him I would have taken a lot longer to get where I was in living with what's been done to me.
Cayden. Cayden. Cayden.

Feeling the metal collar choke me I transformed anyway, not even noticing if I were breathing or not because seeing Cayden's throat nearly being torn out, stole my breath anyway.

No longer could I see the scene before me. I just felt.
Felt my claws shredding into enemy fur, felt the hot blood splashing me and dripping from my fangs. Felt the heartbeats. Just felt.

And then finally I came back to myself.

"Shift back dammit! Hayley," Cayden screamed into my wolf ear that he was tugging on. "I'm ok. I'm ok. Please, change back, they are all dead." The desperation in his tone caused me to draw back.

Instantly I changed back and gasped for air like a fish out of water.

Cayden stroked my hair and back as he let kisses rain down all over my face and shoulders.

"Ok, ok enough of that," I lightly hit his chest but I was glowing from the inside at his show of affection. I felt as if I were going to burst from it. "We need to get out of here."

"What happened? How'd they find you?" Cayden rose, looking like a literal bloody mess, but his skin was already healed over.

"A trap is how," I muttered angrily, so mad at myself for falling for it.

"First we need to get these off of you and then we need to get on a flight."

"Where are we going this time?" I took his outstretched hand, having a fleeting thought of omg this feels so natural, before watching the sun come out, shinning brighter than ever. Or at least that's how it felt when Cayden smiled down at me.

"Germany, hope you're up to learning yet another new language."