Cayden

I didn't care what Hayley said, I couldn't just stand around. Knowing what I know.

Imagining what was happening to her.

Now that I knew she wasn't under his control any longer, I just couldn't stand by. There was no way, I'd rather die than become that much of a coward.

The reason I trained so hard was never to feel weak again. And I knew damn well I could take Hunter.

Screw the pack, I've never been loyal to them. And they won't show up on time.

The night was calm, too calm, as if it could feel the upcoming storm that was brewing inside of me. Growling low on my throat, in my wolf form, I raised my head to look up at the mansion that told lies of a happy home, when it was a torture chamber for Hayley.

Tonight was the night, I could feel the saliva dripping from my teeth, my mouth watering as the thought of tearing into Hunter's neck and severing his head, the look of horror stuck on his face until I light his house on fire burning all within as I chase Hayley out. She could run away with me. Or she could find her own way in life.

But this I must do. I had to, I couldn't wait around for Hayley to do it herself. She would always make excuses about why it wasn't a good time to go, I realized. And I wouldn't attend her funeral. Not now. Not ever. To look at her face so cold and still, knowing she suffered greatly, like my mother had, I couldn't live with myself. So I would take away what was causing her harm. Who.

Hunter.

I fought hard to keep the bowl that was working its way yo My throat at bay, not wanting to alert those inside and any wolves nearby of my plans to slaughter.

The red hot rage burned inside of me and I knew for certain.
Everyone in this house was dead, only Hayley and I would walk away.