Ten

Cayden was correct. By the time I got out the shower, he was gone. I quickly changed into a pair of sweats and a tight fitted tank top. My heart was nearly pounding in my ears and I felt the danger coming. Could feel how close I was to being back in the abusive arms of Hunter. He truly believed I was his property and wouldn't stop until I was returned to him. I would return all right and cut those arms straight off.

I huffed a breath as I once again faced the mirror and tied my hair up into a bun.

Closing my eyes, I whispered, "It will be alright."

"No," a bitter laugh startled me. "It wont." My heart went into overdrive as I nearly choked, but I kept my expression blank. Too many times staring in the mirror, watching every emotion and covering up them, I wouldn't let him break my façade now.

My eyes popped open to meet Hunter's grey eyes in the mirror. I breathed in through my nose and held my chin high, refusing to look down or away.

"You," I sneered bravely and he blinked in surprise. No doubt thinking I was still as weak as I was when I left him. Turning away from the mirror, I faced him head on as he combed a hand through his blond hair that had grown out, nearly covering his eyes.

"You came back to me?" Hunter cocked his head as he sniffed the air before his expression turned dark. "No, you came back with him," he sneered.

I squared my shoulders, refusing to look away or even blink. "We came to kill you, you fucking sick bastard," I spat at his feet.

His eyes became crazed as mine had been earlier and he lunged.

All that training. All that preparing. It was time to see if it paid off.