Moonstone

𝙉𝙤𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙝𝙪𝙧𝙩𝙨 𝙢𝙤𝙧𝙚 𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙣 𝙩𝙧𝙮𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙣𝙤𝙩 𝙩𝙤 𝙘𝙧𝙮

                                                 ♛♛♛

                                           Tigerclaw

I stalked into the Apprentice den and went straight to Firepaw's room. Stupid human. I leaned against the doorframe and crossed my elbows. I watched him intently as he thrashed in his covers. Poor Firepaw having a nightmare. He opened his eyes and gasped for breath.

"Something wrong, Firepaw?" I tilt my head, as if mocking him.

"Just a dream," he mumbled.

I growl at him. "Get ready! We leave shortly!"

Firepaw scrambled out of his bed and hurried to the washroom. I grunt and head towards Blazepaw's room. Sweet, fierce, Blazepaw. Oh, StarClan, how could I ever tell her how much I love her? I didn't fall in love with her at first sight. It was the spirit she had. And the dedication. Like her mother, Fawnstep. I slowly opened the door and went over to her bed. I sat down and brushed some hair out of her face.

I would like to kiss that face, My obnoxious inner-cat says.

She'll freak out when she realizes the whole clan is half cat, I told him scornfully. 

So will Firepaw, he says with a cat-like grin.

I don't care about Firepaw! I snarl at him.

He hisses at me then disappears in my mind. Stupid. 

I heard that, you- I turned the mind link off.

I inhaled her sweet scent. I just wish she would love me back. I saw a notebook in her hand with a pencil. It looked like she was still sketching it, but it looked like me. She sighs then slowly opens her eyes. The girl with fire in her hair and oceans in her eyes.

"Good morning," I murmur.

"Good morning." She sounded so peaceful. So calm.

She didn't even shrug away from my touch. I caress her cheek with my left hand. As much as I would like to stay like this, I had to put my mentor voice on. "We're going to Moonstone today. You should get ready,"

She looked hurt when I pulled away. I admit, I was hurt too. I stood and walked away, closing the door in the process.

                                                Blazepaw

Tigerclaw left and I was in shock. What just happened to me? I got ready and headed outside. The sky glowed with a new dawn, and dew sparkled on the ferns. It would be a warm day once the sun was up, but the early-morning dampness reminded me that the time of leaf-fall was not far off.