Finding out the truth

ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 3
𝗜𝘁 𝘄𝗮𝘀 𝗮𝗹𝘄𝗮𝘆𝘀 𝘆𝗼𝘂

                                                                          ♛♛♛ 

                                                                          ♛♛♛ 

Bluestar led the way swiftly back to camp. The noise of their return awoke the cats who had remained behind. As the group streamed through the gorse entrance, sleepy figures emerged from the dens. 

"What's the news?" called Halftail.

"Were ShadowClan there?" asked Willowpelt.

"Yes, they were," Bluestar replied gravely. She strode past Willowpelt, transformed into the cat form, and leaped up onto Highrock. There was no need for her customary call for a Clan meeting; the cats were already gathering below the rock. Tigerclaw jumped up beside her.

"There was much tension between the Clans tonight," Bluestar began. 

"And I became aware of a possible new allegiance between Crookedstar and Nightpelt."

Graystripe squeezed in between Fireheart and I.  

"What are they talking about?" he asked. 

"The new allegiance between RiverClan and ShadowClan," I murmur.

"I thought Nightpelt agreed with Bluestar," he turned to me.

"He did," Fireheart whispered.

"Nightpelt?" croaked One-eye's ancient voice from the back of the crowd.

"He has been named as ShadowClan's new leader," Bluestar explained.

"But his name; hasn't he been accepted by StarClan yet?" asked One-eye. 

"He plans to travel to the Moonstone tomorrow night," Tigerclaw told him. "No leader can speak for their Clan at a Gathering without receiving StarClan"s approval first," muttered One-eye, loudly enough for all the cats to hear. 

"Well, obviously he thinks differently." I snorted.

"He has the support of ShadowClan, One-eye," answered Bluestar, nodding at the old she-cat.

"He cannot ignore what he said tonight." One-eye gave a disgruntled sniff, and Bluestar lifted her head to address the whole Clan. 

"At the Gathering, I suggested we find WindClan and bring them home. But Crookedstar and Nightpelt don't want them to return." 

"They're hardly likely to join forces, though, are they?" called Graystripe. "They almost had a scrap over hunting rights in the river." Fireheart and I turned to Graystripe. 

"Didn't you see the looks they were swapping by the end of the meeting? They're both desperate to get their paws on WindClan's territory." I exchanged looks with ThunderClan.