𝔅𝔬𝔬𝔨 2 - A Warrior at last!

ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 1
𝗬𝗼𝘂 𝗰𝗮𝗻𝗻𝗼𝘁 𝗳𝗶𝗻𝗱 𝗽𝗲𝗮𝗰𝗲 𝗯𝘆 𝗮𝘃𝗼𝗶𝗱𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗹𝗶𝗳𝗲.

ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 1𝗬𝗼𝘂 𝗰𝗮𝗻𝗻𝗼𝘁 𝗳𝗶𝗻𝗱 𝗽𝗲𝗮𝗰𝗲 𝗯𝘆 𝗮𝘃𝗼𝗶𝗱𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗹𝗶𝗳𝗲

                                                             ♛♛♛

I shivered as a tiny drop of water fell onto my back. At last, I had my warrior name. I shook out my frost-covered pelt and looked at my breath. Greenleaf was almost over and my winter coat is starting to grow.

In my mind, I replayed yesterday's victory at the ShadowClan camp: Brokenstar's glittering eyes as the ShadowClan leader backed away, hissing threats, before fleeing into the trees after his traitorous companions. The remaining ShadowClan cats had been grateful to ThunderClan for helping them to get rid of their cruel leader, and for the peace, ThunderClan had promised them while they recovered. Brokenstar had not just brought chaos to his own Clan—he had driven the whole of WindClan from their camp, right out of Clan territory.

Then I recalled the attack on ThunderClan. Lionheart's death as well. I refused to believe my mother was dead. She can't be. She just can't. I also refused to believe Tigerclaw was behind Redtail's murder. Surely it was Oakheart, right? Like Tigerclaw explained? 

If what Ravenpaw said about Tigerclaw was true, it was best if the ThunderClan deputy believed his apprentice had died, for he knew a secret Tigerclaw would do anything to conceal. Ravenpaw had told Fireheart and I that the mighty tabby warrior had murdered Redtail, the old ThunderClan deputy, in the hope that he would become the new deputy...which, eventually, he had.

I refused to believe many things but I don't care. Halftail was one of the first cats to wake. I could see the old man moving among the shadows in the elders' den. I glanced toward the warriors' den at the other side of the clearing. Through the branches that sheltered the den, I recognized the broad shoulders of Tigerclaw as he walked into the kitchen.

I turned my head towards Bluestar, who just walked out of her den. She stopped and lifted her head to sniff the air. Then she padded silently out of Highrock's shadow, her long fur glowing blue-gray in the dawn light.

I must warn her about Tigerclaw, I heard Fireheart say in his mind.

You forgot to turn off the connection dipshit! I growled.

Graystripe rolled his eyes. I snorted. Tigerclaw emerged from the warriors' den in his cat form and met Bluestar at the edge of the clearing. He murmured something to her, his tail flicking urgently.

As they passed us, Tigerclaw wrapped his tail around my body and then under my chin, making me lift my head. I tried to stifle the purr that was rising in my throat. Fireheart and Graystripe caught the whole thing.

You're disgusting Blazefur! Graystripe scowled.

I've warned you about him! Fireheart scoffed.