The meeting

ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 2

𝙃𝙞𝙩𝙩𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙧𝙤𝙘𝙠 𝙗𝙤𝙩𝙩𝙤𝙢 𝙙𝙤𝙚𝙨𝙣'𝙩 𝙢𝙚𝙖𝙣 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙘𝙖𝙣 𝙨𝙩𝙖𝙮 𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙧𝙚

                                                               ♛♛♛

Terrified screams and yowls rose from the clan. Ravenpaw swaggered on his feet. "There w-was a dispute between RiverClan a-and us," He stuttered.

"Oakheart had Redtail pinned and-" His eyes rolled to the back of his head before fainting.

A woman with golden hair hunched beside him, checking his pulse. "He's breathing! Somebody get Spottedleaf!" She shrieked.

I recognized the same girl that sat beside Graypaw earlier. She checked his pulse as well. "He's fine, Goldenflower. He just needs some bandages." She got up and went into a small cabin on the far side of the camp.

The silence was broken by a painful screech. A muscular man tattered through the entrance carrying a lifeless body on his shoulders. Even though it was a time of crisis, I thought he looked devilishly handsome. I pinched myself.

Don't be so absurd! I scold myself once more.

"How did this happen?" Bluestar demanded.

His voice was thick with grief. He looked shaken. "He died with honor, killed by Oakheart. I couldn't save him, but I managed to take Oakheart's life while he was still gloating over his victory."

Several people gathered around his body, fixing his hair and straightening his clothes. Wails of grief came from the circle while others sat there in shock. Some were murmuring to him.

"What are they doing?" I ask.

 "His spirit has left to join StarClan, but the Clan will talk with Redtail one last time." He answered briefly.

"StarClan?" Firepaw asked. 

"It's the tribe of heavenly warriors that watch over all Clan people. You can see them in Silverpelt." He explained.

"Silverpelt?" I ask more confused than ever.

"Silverpelt is that thick band of stars you see each night stretching across the sky. Each star is a StarClan warrior." He explained stepping forward to share his last words with Redtail.

Bluestar pushed her way through the crowd and murmured the last few words to him. She stroked his hair gently, then stood up.

"Redtail was a brave warrior. His loyalty to ThunderClan could never be doubted. I always relied on his judgment, for it bore witness to the needs of the Clan, and was never swayed by self-interest or pride." She sat down on her knees with her head bowed.

Others followed her suit, while some stood with the heads bowed.

"How long will Bluestar stay with him?" I ask.