Training lesson

ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 12

𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝙬𝙖𝙮 𝙄 𝙨𝙚𝙚 𝙞𝙩,𝙞𝙛 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙬𝙖𝙣𝙩 𝙖 𝙧𝙖𝙞𝙣𝙗𝙤𝙬,𝙮𝙤𝙪'𝙫𝙚 𝙜𝙤𝙩 𝙩𝙤 𝙥𝙪𝙩 𝙪𝙥 𝙬𝙞𝙩𝙝 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙧𝙖𝙞𝙣-𝘿𝙤𝙡𝙡𝙮 𝙋𝙖𝙧𝙩𝙤𝙣

                                                          ♛♛♛

Graypaw and Ravenpaw were still patching the hole when Firepaw and I reached them. They had left a gap just wide enough for us to squeeze back through.

"No luck with the garlic," Firepaw panted as he slipped in. "Darkstripe's prowling around out there."

"Never mind," mewed Graypaw. "We can get some tomorrow." 

"I'll go and get you some poppy from Spottedleaf," I offered.

"Don't worry," says Graypaw. "I'll be fine."

"It's no trouble," Before Graypaw could protest, I bounded away.

I needed to get my mind off of Tigerclaw. I needed a break. After Lionheart's death, I felt more troubled than ever. When he said that he'd meet my mother in StarClan. Had she passed away without me knowing? Why was he keeping it a secret? Did she tell him not to tell me? When I got to the clearing, Spottedleaf was pacing and her eyes were clouded with unhappiness.

"Are you okay?" I ask.

"The spirits of StarClan are restless. I think they are trying to tell me something," she replied, flicking her tail uneasily. "What can I do for you?"

"Graypaw needs some poppy seed for his leg. I think the rat bites are hurting him," I explained.

"The pain of losing Lionheart will make his injuries feel worse. But he'll mend in time; don't worry. In the meantime, you're right, poppy seeds will help." Spottedleaf went into her den and brought out a dried poppy head. She placed it carefully on the ground. "Just shake out one or two and give them to him," she meowed.

I nodded and picked it between my teeth. I was about to turn when Spottedleaf stopped me.

"Wait," she hissed suddenly.

I looked at her expectantly. Her eyes bored into mine.

"Blazepaw," she hissed. "StarClan spoke to me moons ago, before you joined the Clan. I sense they want me to tell you this now. They said only a blazing fire can save our Clan."

I stare at Spottedleaf, mystified.

The strange passion faded from her eyes. "Take care, Blazepaw," she meowed in her normal voice, and turned away.

A blazing fire? What does that mean? 

Your name idiot! my cat hisses at me.

My eyes widened. Blazepaw and Firepaw. I turned and headed back to Firepaw. I had to tell him what she said. How could we save ThunderClan? We're only apprentices. Surely StarClan must've mistaken?