Hunting

ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 4

𝙄 𝙖𝙢 𝙖 𝙒𝙖𝙧𝙧𝙞𝙤𝙧 𝙣𝙤𝙩 𝙗𝙚𝙘𝙖𝙪𝙨𝙚 𝙄 𝙖𝙡𝙬𝙖𝙮𝙨 𝙬𝙞𝙣. 𝙄 𝙖𝙢 𝙖 𝙬𝙖𝙧𝙧𝙞𝙤𝙧 𝙗𝙚𝙘𝙖𝙪𝙨𝙚 𝙄 𝙖𝙡𝙬𝙖𝙮𝙨 𝙛𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩

                                               ♛♛♛

                                               ♛♛♛

Early-morning sunlight streamed down onto the forest floor as I roamed in search of prey. Two moons had passed since I had begun my training. I felt at ease in this environment now. My senses had been awoken and educated in the ways of the woods. Right now I was searching for prey, as I had been educated by Tigerclaw "The clan must be fed first!"

I was determined to bring back at least one piece of prey; even if it was my only task. I got used to clan life. In the evening's everybody would cluster around the campfire and share food and stories. Tonight I was planning on telling the clan what a pain it was to go to sleep at Firepaw's house. In the mornings I would gather fruit and vegetables for the elders to cook. While staying in ThunderClan, I had grown closer to Midnight. I tamed her and I only rode her. I feared that she wouldn't except other riders so I only rode her. 

I looked around and spotted a rabbit hopping among the leaves looking for food. I pulled my arrow back and aimed at the rabbit. Suddenly there was a loud rustle in the ferns behind me. The rabbit's ear twitched and It scrambled away. Well, shit. Whatever had ruined my first good chance of catching prey would have to pay. 

A growl rose in my throat as I began doubling back in a wide circle. I set my bow and arrows down and rolled up my sleeves. This asshole better pay. I heard the undergrowth rustle again. It was louder now, off to one side. I edged closer. I could see the ferns moving, but the fronds still hid the enemy from view. A twig snapped with a sharp cracking noise. As soon as it moved again I lunged at it.

I let out a battle cry and swung my fist in its face. It huffed and rolled over so it could pin me. I kicked it in the jewels, rolled over, and punched it again for good measure.

It yelped. "Wa-ah! What'sat?" 

"Uh! Graypaw?" I recognized the astonished voice and caught my friend's familiar smell, but I was too fired up to loosen my grip. 

"Ambush! Ahhhh!" Spat Graypaw, not realizing that the person gripping onto his back was me. He rolled over and over in an attempt to dislodge his attacker. 

"Uufff-ff!" I rolled with him, squashed, and flattened beneath the heavy body. 

"It's me—Blazepaw!" I yowled as I struggled to pull free. Rolling away, I sprang to my feet and gave myself a shake, which rippled all the way along my body. 

"Graypaw! It's me," I repeated. 

"I thought you were an enemy warrior!" Graypaw rose to his feet. He winced and shook himself.