WindClan found

ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 6
"𝙄𝙛 𝙮𝙤𝙪'𝙧𝙚 𝙣𝙤𝙩 𝙘𝙖𝙧𝙚𝙛𝙪𝙡 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙘𝙖𝙣 𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙣𝙙 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙬𝙝𝙤𝙡𝙚 𝙡𝙞𝙛𝙚 𝙡𝙤𝙤𝙠𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙛𝙤𝙧 𝙬𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙮𝙤𝙪'𝙫𝙚 𝙡𝙤𝙨𝙩."
― 𝙈𝙤ï𝙧𝙖 𝙁𝙤𝙬𝙡𝙚𝙮-𝘿𝙤𝙮𝙡𝙚

                                                   ♛♛♛

                                                   ♛♛♛

Fireheart pressed his horse warningly against Graystripe's horse, who had padded out to join him. We had to show no threat if we were to survive. The WindClan warriors stood their ground without moving a muscle. 

They're waiting for a signal from their leader! I realized. They still follow the warrior code, even though they have to live like this. 

From behind the line of warriors, a very tall man with black hair with white streaks weaved his way to the front. This must be Tallstar, leader of WindClan. Tallstar sniffed the air, but Fireheart, Graystripe, and I were downwind, our scents carried away by the steady breeze. As the black-and-white-haired man walked toward us, I breathed in the rank odor of crowfood that hung on his clothes. Like Graystripe, I remained perfectly still, my eyes down, as Tallstar circled them, sniffing their us closely. Even inspecting our horses.

Finally, Tallstar returned to his warriors. 

I heard him murmur, "ThunderClan." 

The warriors put down their knives, but remained in a defensive line, shielding the rest of the people. Tallstar turned to face us and crossed his elbows. 

"I was expecting ShadowClan," he growled. His eyes burned with hostility. "Why are you here?" 

"We came to find you," I murmured, nudging Midnight forward. "Bluestar and the other clan leaders want you to return to your home." 

The WindClan leader's voice was still wary. "That land is not safe for my Clan anymore,"
he said. A haunted look in Tallstar's eye sent a pang of sorrow through me. 

"ShadowClan has driven out Brokenstar," Fireheart reassured. "He is no longer a threat." 

The warriors behind Tallstar turned and looked at one another. Murmurs of surprise rippled back through the Clan. 

"You must return as soon as possible," I urged. "ShadowClan and RiverClan are starting to hunt the uplands. We saw a RiverClan hunting patrol near the old badger set while we were on our way here." 

Tallstar growled angrily. 

"But they are poor rabbit hunters," Graystripe added. "I think they went home with empty bellies." 

Tallstar and his warriors chuckled with satisfaction. Their good spirits encouraged us but I could see how weak they were. This Clan would find the journey back to the uplands long and hard.