The end is the beginning

ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 16
"𝗪𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝘄𝗲 𝗰𝗮𝗹𝗹 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗯𝗲𝗴𝗶𝗻𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗶𝘀 𝗼𝗳𝘁𝗲𝗻 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗲𝗻𝗱. 𝗔𝗻𝗱 𝘁𝗼 𝗺𝗮𝗸𝗲 𝗮𝗻 𝗲𝗻𝗱 𝗶𝘀 𝘁𝗼 𝗺𝗮𝗸𝗲 𝗮 𝗯𝗲𝗴𝗶𝗻𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗴. 𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗲𝗻𝗱 𝗶𝘀 𝘄𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲 𝘄𝗲 𝘀𝘁𝗮𝗿𝘁 𝗳𝗿𝗼𝗺."-𝗧.𝗦 𝗘𝗹𝗶𝗼𝘁

                                                                ♛♛♛

                                                                ♛♛♛

Some say you have the same amount of hours each day and every day. That wasn't the case. My time was running out fast and I have to make a choice sooner or later. Saving Lilackit and the others were the only things my mind was set on.

Yellowfang turned and pushed her way into the bracken. Whitestorm and the others followed her.  Yellowfang guided them to a small hollow surrounded by thick undergrowth and pointed out the entrance to the ShadowClan camp. The tangled mass of brambles looked very different from the neat gorse tunnel that led into the ThunderClan camp. 

The camp boundary was full of holes and gaps and the stench of rotting meat wafted toward them. 

"You eat crow food?" whispered Graypaw, curling his lip. 

"Our warriors are used for attacking, not hunting," replied Ashfur. "We eat whatever we can find."

"ThunderClan, hide in that clump of bracken over there," hissed Yellowfang. "It's full of toadstools that will disguise your scent. Wait here till you hear me call."

She stepped back to let the other ShadowClan cats lead the way, tucking herself into the center of their group as though she were their prisoner. They headed silently into the camp. The ThunderClan cats settled themselves among the toadstools, tense and alert. I could feel my coat prickling. I looked at Graypaw beside me. The thick fur on the back of our friend's neck was standing on end, and I could hear him panting with suppressed excitement. 

Suddenly yowling erupted from the ShadowClan camp. Without hesitating, the ThunderClan cats sprang from their hiding places and raced through the entrance. Yellowfang, Ashfur, Dawncloud, and Nightpelt were in a well-trodden, muddy clearing, wrestling with six vicious-looking warriors. I recognized Brokenstar and his deputy, Blackfoot, among them. 

The warriors looked hungry and battle-scarred, but I could see the hard muscles pounding beneath their patchy fur. Around the edge of the clearing, groups of scrawny cats stared uncertainly at the mayhem. Their skinny bodies seemed to recoil at the violence, while their dull eyes looked on, shocked and confused. 

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Runningnose back away and hide beneath a bush. At Whitestorm's nodded signal, the ThunderClan cats leaped into the battle. I grasped a silver tabby with his claws but was shaken loose.

I tumbled over and the ShadowClan warrior turned on me and gripped me with claws as sharp as blackthorns. I managed to twist and sink my teeth deep into the cat's flesh. The warrior's yowl told him I had found a tender spot, and I bit harder. The warrior screeched again, ripping himself free, and ran off into the bushes.