𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐭𝐫𝐮𝐭𝐡

My Dearest
Prologue

My DearestPrologue

July 1st 1997

    McGonagall's office felt tense, the air thick with emotions and dense with confusion. The window opened a crack to let the spring breeze fill the room with something lighter, the sound of leaves rustling in the courtyard filled the silence, and laughter from people outside filled the remaining space in the room.
Harry Potter sat in front of his favourite Professor, tears welling up in his eyes as he chewed the inside of his cheek, his foot tapped on the stone flooring as he waited for her to sit down and give him some answers that he was ever so desperate to hear. The woman turned her head to look at the broken boy as she poured him and her each a cup of tea, she placed the warm china in front of him along with a tea biscuit she knew he liked.

She heard a tired sigh leave his lips as she searched through the papers in her desk drawers.
    Finally laying at the very bottom were two envelopes, both blue and green papers wrinkled with time. She held them in her hand for a second, running her index finger over the familiar writing, writing that not many years before was constantly being revised and graded by the older woman, countless years of staring at the distinct swirly calligraphy and the chicken scratch that these two letters had engraved on them

'To My Dearest Eleanor'

'To My Love'

Her eyes stared for just a moment longer before she gently laid the small stack of light green and blue in Harry's shaky hands. Her eyes caught his for the first time since she had sat down. His browns softened as she watched him look hesitantly at the letters and then back to her.
    "I don't understand" he whispered to her, McGonagall's heart broke at the sight of the teary-eyed boy who looked shattered and mentally exhausted with the events and tellings of the last few weeks.

This wasn't the life he was supposed to be destined for, he was supposed to be raised surrounded by the love of his mother and father. To have a family that was full of joy, brought up to join the next generation of Marauders, to keep his father and uncle's legacy alive.
    To create trouble just like uncle Moony, Padfoot, and Wormtail, to be strong like his aunts Mary, Marlene, Athena, and Alice, and to be compassionate like his uncle Romeo.
    Harry was promised a life that was ripped away from his bare hand, a life not filled with riches like gold or money, riches like love and family.

He was meant to be loved, not the deemed chosen one.

The woman looked down at the boy, she could feel the pain that hid behind his eyes. He was trying to put on an unbreakable front, to show that he was fine, he always had to be fine, but she knew all he wanted was to be comforted and told that everything was going to be all right.

He lost a mother he never knew he had, a father who would have given him the world, and was stripped of the family he deserved.

"Harry listens to me, what is in those letters will tell you the truth about where you come from. Everything anyone has ever told you about where you come from, who your mother is, and who you are has been fabricated to keep you safe. That letter will tell you the whole truth, or at least a portion of it. These lies were meant to protect you Harry, but you deserve to know the truth now"

"Why would Dumbledore ever lie to me?"

"Harry I don't know most of what went on in that man's head, and I'm am very aware of how cruel this whole ordeal is, trust me I tried to put an end to it long ago, but what's done is done," her tone not harsh, but an understanding of his angry questions.

Harry played with the tearing corner of the envelope, he dried his eyes and sat up in his chair and nodded in agreement, the woman smiled and continued on with her talk.
    "You are still alive and that is all that matters. And now that the envelopes are in your possession you can finally know" she looked at the spitting image of James Potter as she watched him wipe away his tears, she caught a quick glimpse of familiar green eyes, his mother's green eyes.

"Who is Eleanor?"

"Would you like me to tell you a bit about them before you read those?" He gently nodded.

"Okay, where to start..."

Hello lovelies!!
Welcome to my new James book, just a heads up I won't be updating this as frequently as I would my Remus book (which you should check out) cause I want to finish that one before I really focus on this one!!
Enjoy <3