𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐨 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐞𝐚𝐜𝐡𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫

My Dearest
Chapter fourteen

    Athena's knee bounced uncontrollably, as her eyes searched the parchment in her hands

    Athena's knee bounced uncontrollably, as her eyes searched the parchment in her hands. Cursive that she knew all too well, with perfect swoops and lines that had resembled her mother's writing, the tone so formal that it could turn anyone's stomach.
    Her hand desperately raked through her freshly washed hair and she let out a nervous sigh, anxiety filled her lungs like water, rising until she couldn't breathe.

    ❝We have been in discussion with the Rizzo family about your engagement with Atlas, and we have finalized the details. We expect you home over the holidays, along-

    She hastily cut herself off from reading another word, unable to finish the paragraph without getting this nauseating feeling, her stomach tying itself in knots.
    Her bottom lip pulled between her front teeth, chewing on the chapped skin. On her bedside table sat an emerald ring, one she could only imagine being a Rizzo family heirloom. The words 'till death do us part' are engraved on the inside of the gold band, a taunting token of the life that her parents had freshly finalized.

    Tears rolled onto the parchment as she stared at the paper, her heart dropped to her stomach as Eleanor and Romeo slammed the door open, bottles of fire whiskey in hand and they laughed with smiles from ear to ear on display.
    "We are still getting ready for the Halloween party in here, right?" Romeo asked quietly, freezing as he felt the tension in the room, looking over to the girl who slowly nodded her head, a soft smile spread across her face as Ella walked over and wiped the tears off of her face.
    "You doing okay love?" She whispered as she pulled the brunette-haired girl into a hug, swaying Athena back and forth as she nodded.
    If there was something Ella was good at it was putting a smile back on her friend's faces.

    "My parent have been giving it out to me because of my grades, I'm not doing so good in transfiguration" she lied through her teeth as Romeo slowly nodded, not believing a word that left her mouth, but choosing to give her space.
    "I can help" Ella added with a smile as she dried Athena's eyes one last time, her thumbs gently running over the girl's cheeks.
    "Or her future baby daddy can, I hear he has a natural talent in the class" Romeo mused as he made his way over to the bed to join in on the short moment of comfort.
    "Oh shove off" Ella went straight-faced as a rose blush tinted her cheeks, and a hand went right past Athena's shoulders to flick Romeo in the forehead. Athena leaned forward and squeezed the girl on the cheeks laughing at how flustered she grew.

    Ella took the girl by the wrist and pulled her into her bathroom, taunting singing began as Romeo walked over to the record player and turned it on, ABBA blaring through the speaker as Ella took the makeup wipes and wiped the smudged mascara from under her eyes.
    "James Potter is a git, and he's only good at the class because Minnie plays favourites" she bites back making Athena let out a laugh.
    "I can do my own makeup"
    "Shut up" Ella hissed as she swatted Athena's hand away