𝐚 𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐮𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐞

My Dearest
Chapter twelve

    "I fucking hate divination" Ella groaned as she picked her textbooks up and off of the breakfast table pretending to hit herself in the head with the thick book, wishing she'd magically drop dead before making it to class

"I love Divination, it's my third favourite class, next to herbology and charms" Alice chimed in as she walked next to the blonde, a predominant smile spread across her rosy cheeks.
"You love everything Alice" Ella stated as they made their way out of the great hall into the corridor, dragging her feet all the way down the hall in agony, every step closer felt a little closer to death.

"You're so whiny Eleanor" Sirius in a mocking tone from across the hall, Ella stopped in her tracks looking at the four boys who walked closely behind her.
James laughed at the pout that was on the brunette's face gaining an angry stare from her, "what's new Sirius" he said nudging the boy in the side.

Remus and Peter took a solid three steps away from their friends, a clear sign that they weren't a part of her torturing, fear in Peters's eyes as she whipped her head around to look at Sirius. 

"Shove it you messy-haired dickheads," she said shooting glares at both the raven-headed boys now. James let out a dramatic gasp, his hand on his heart as if he had been wounded.
"You really know how to hurt a mans feeling Eleanor"
"Man? You're a prepubescent boy at best" she sarcastically snapped at him gaining a laugh from Lupin who grabbed the two boys' shoulders holding them back from any further pestering.

The two girls continued their walk down the never-ending corridor, trying to escape the loud laughter from the marauders before Ella bashed one of their heads onto the cement walls.
Making their way down the moving stairs, a string of giggles erupted from Alice as someone picked her up and held her in their arms.
Alice Fortescue was the definition of sunshine, her motherly demeanour and her bubbly personality entranced everyone. She saw the world through heart-shaped glasses.
Her charm and smile were enough to make your knees go weak.

Her laugh echoed through the corridor, Ella turned around to see her wrapped up in Frank Longbottom, her future husband's, arms. A smile etched on both of their faces as he placed a rushed kiss on her lips before whispering something to her.
He quickly dashed off in the opposite direction of the class, a blush spread across his cheeks as he rushed to his class.
"Whipped" Ella coughed into her fist as she pretended to look anywhere else than the girl whose smile had somehow doubled in size.
"You're just jealous, that could be you, but you chose to hide your feelings for Potter," Alice said batting her eyelash at the girl, her voice laced with a mocking tone.
"You're on thin ice future Mrs. Longbottom," Ella said diverting her harsh glare to Alice who simply smiled and walked into the classroom. An audible groan left Ella's mouth as she walked in behind her.

The room felt cold on Ella's bare forearms, the air smelled of burnt incense and smudged sage, and the room was lit by candles only.
The blonde stood at the front of the class, her eyes adjusting to the change of light as she looked for where Romeo was sitting, Alice broke off to find where Mary sat, their infectious giggles already filling the empty room.
Romeo flashed her a blinding smile as she sat down on the floor next to him, the cushions on the floor were oddly comfortable to sit on as she tapped her fingers on the short wooden table in front of her.