𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐜𝐮𝐦 𝐨𝐟 𝐡𝐨𝐠𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐬

My Dearest
Chapter two

My Dearest Chapter two

The next morning

The first day of classes was always so dreadful in Eleanor's eyes, every year was the same, she woke up before the sun had even risen to her stomach rolling from nerves, anxiety-ridden about her new schedule and the upcoming semester. It was an annual thing, but this year felt even more stressful due to it being her last ever, something she'd been dreading all summer, the year of lasts.

Eleanor sat at the Gryffindor table surrounded by peace and quiet, she sipped her coffee, both hands on her warm chipped mug as she stared down at the crossword in the prophet.
Seated next to her was Romeo who mumbled to himself as he read his new muggle novel under his breath and across was Athen, two of Eleanor's closest friends.

Athena Park was an angelic girl, people referred to her as a fallen angel. She was soft and ethereal looking, but her looks only showed so much of her, Athena was fierce on the inside. She was the epitome of a Slytherin, cunning, ambitious, and a natural leader.
Most people would call her a bitch for her stand-offish attitude, but to her friends she was strong. She didn't believe in the same fascist bullshit as the rest of her housemates. Blood purity seemed unimportant compared to the lives of human beings.
And she suffered for that belief, not only at school but in her home life as well, due to her blood status, her whole life was planned out. She was destined to marry a pureblood man and join the dark side, but Athena would have rather died fighting for her freedom than be submissive to her parent's beliefs.
She took all of her aggression and built-up pressure and turned it into art, she made the most beautiful paintings, all of them filled with equal amounts of love and hate.
Although she was angry and passive-aggressive Athena stood up for her morals whether they would get her in trouble or not.

Romeo Abbot was calm, sophisticated, and intelligent.
The Hufflepuff boy was loved by all, he was passionate about his studies, especially in Herbology. Romeo could go on for hours about the different types of plants and what made them all so fascinating.
He was more of a lover than a fighter, and always took the high road when it came to disagreements. He never wanted to make people feel less, he never wanted his words to negatively affect others. He had gotten the short end of the stick when it came to bullying, being a muggle-born is the fragile state that the wizarding world made it hard enough for him, he didn't need his hurtful words on his conscience.
But he had his moments, although he was compassionate and very shy when it came to confrontation, that didn't mean that he wouldn't lose his temper around people who hurt the ones he cared about the most.
Romeo was one of the purest and kind-hearted people that attended Hogwarts.

Athena took a bite of the peanut butter and banana toast that lay on the tiny plate in front of her as she watched everyone enter the Great Hall, 'people watcher' that's what Ella like to call her, constantly watching the others around her do simple domestic tasks as she watched from the sidelines.