𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐧𝐨𝐫 𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐛𝐲

My Dearest
Chapter five

My DearestChapter five

    "Not Eleanor Rigby!" all the girls groaned as Eleanor placed the Beatles record on the record player and pressed play, the nostalgic song blaring making Ella break into smiles as she rhythmically danced along with the lyrics.
    "Ella, remember when the room as a collective banned this song from the record player till the end of time, or at least till we each have our own flats?" Alice frowned, her hatred for the Beatles the strongest of the groups.
    "Put some respect on that song Mrs. Longbottom. I was named after it you twats," Ella said to the 'collective' as she slipped on a pair of mom jeans and a jumper she had probably stolen from Remus but deemed as her own, continuing on with her happy dancing around the dorm.

    The blonde twirled and jumped around the room until Alice put a stop to the song and changed the vinyl to one of the new Bees Gees albums, Ella stopped in her tracks her lips in a tight line, accepting defeat and collapsing down onto her back trying to bury herself in her comforter and she laid on back staring at glistening constellations they had charmed onto the ceiling.

    She hated this, nights out began to get repetitive after she gave up liquor. The rest of the girls rushed to look their bests so they could go out, get sloshed, and then come back and let Ella take care of them in their hungover state.
    Ella had learnt that alcohol simply wasn't her friend, in fact, it was rather the opposite, countless nights of making a fool of herself or doing things that sober her wasn't very proud of, just before the summer holidays, she vowed to remain a sober friend for her own and her friend's benefit. Plus playing babysitter and watching everyone make a fool out of themselves sounded just a tad bit more amusing than a hangover the next day.

    "Don't you think it would be nice to dress up for the first party of the term?" Mary questioned as she adjusted the straps of her coffee-coloured tank top, her patterned midi skirt paired with it.
    "Have you gone MAD! Everyone, I think Mary is ill, I hope it's not catching I would hate to miss this party" Ella said hopping off her bed to feel Mary's forehead.
    But before her hand could even touch Mary she grabbed it and glared at her, "go to the bathroom and put on some makeup and do your hair, you may not like parties but your attendance is mandatory and it's gonna be loads of fun, off you go!"

    Ella groaned like a child, turning around and looking at Dorcas wide-eyed, "I wonder who got her panties in a twist" she said causing Dorcas to cackle.
    Mary glared at Eleanor pointing at the bathroom, "fine! I'm going, I'm going" she said putting her hands up as if she was surrendering and stomping over to the bathroom to do her hair.

-

    "Romeo stop being a wanker it's not that hard it's just friendly conversation," Athena said as both Ella and herself tried to push him up to Remus.
    "No it's a friendly conversation with a very fit bloke, I can't, I'm too sober for this" he protested trying to get to the other side of the room, as far away from Remus as possible.
    Ella stopped pushing him for a second, she grabbed his face and spun him around to face her, she held his face in her hands, taking a moment to admire the light makeup Athena had done on him half hour before their arrival.
    "Now listen here and listen good you adorable bastard, you are going to march up there and have a flirty conversation, and being the kind friend I am, I will help you with the introductions. But Romeo trust me you got this, but if you need it here is a confidence shot" she said pulling three shots of fire whiskey from behind her back and placing one in his hand then passing one to Athena.