𝐝𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐞

My Dearest
Chapter thirteen

     "James please stop pacing, even I'm getting dizzy with the back and forth!" Sirius collapsed face first next to Peter in his bed, groaning into the pillow he attempted to suffocate himself with only moments ago, angered by his ignored attempt...

     "James please stop pacing, even I'm getting dizzy with the back and forth!" Sirius collapsed face first next to Peter in his bed, groaning into the pillow he attempted to suffocate himself with only moments ago, angered by his ignored attempts to get James to calm down.
    "Sirius if you were in my situation you would be anything but calm as well" he snapped, his voice raised an octave as he continued his pacing, his hands ran down his face as he let out another low groan.
    "Calm down my ass," a scoff leaving James' lips as he anxiously cracked his knuckles and watched as Sirius mimicked his facial expressions.

    James had been frantic since the second Eleanor had left the classroom, the prophecy hitting hard after moments of reflection. His stomach had not unknotted since the moment Temple had yelled in his direction, her shrill voice knocking the wind straight from his lungs as she mindlessly spewed their intertwined future.
    "Me and her, creating life-changing things, what does that even mean?" he exclaimed throwing his hands up in frustration, "and with the growing concern of the war?!"

    "I'm confused, why is he all worked up?" Peter mumbled under his breath to Sirius who rolled his eyes, flicking the mousy boy in the middle of the forehead.
    "You see Pete, if you had been paying attention in class instead of flirting with the pretty Hufflepuff next to you, you would have heard that James and Eleanor are destined to be together" Sirius explained with a cocky smirk making James groan in agony.
    Peter's face went pale as he looked up at James who cringed at the sentence, "destined how?"
    "As in marriage and babies, the whole nine yards!" James groaned, and abruptly sat down in the desk chair, his leg bouncing obnoxiously with nerves.
    "Merlin Prongs, I said you could date my sister, not- not have my nieces and nephews" he joked cooly, making both Sirius and James glared at him, "okay not the time for jokes" he whispered nodding his head.

    "I just got over lily, I mean sure there could be potential feelings between me and Ella, but if it were to happen id prefer if I could've figured it out myself!" James stood up again walking back and forth across the room.
    "I thought you said you were starting to like Ella" Sirius questioned, making Peter wide-eyed.
    "Not enough to be her husband and have kids with her! I mean fuck Pads, a baby, that's so much more than just fancy her, that's a life with her" he muttered, stopping in place to really think about everything.

    Remus walked into the room to be met with the sickening tension that sat in the air, James met his gaze, pale and overwhelmed were the only two words you could use to describe how he look.

    "I need fresh air, I think I'm going to be sick," he said running out of the room and into the common room.

    "He's a fucking wreck" Remus joked as both Sirius and Peter nodded in agreement.

-

    Dorcas and Mary slowly crept into their dorm, Eleanor sat perched up on her window sill looking at the Black Lake, weirded out by how calm the waters seemed to be. Her head was stuck in the clouds, not even noticing the pair that had entered the room.
    Remus had long gone after their chat, leaving Ella alone with nothing but the night sky and her thoughts.