𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐨𝐧𝐢𝐜 𝐬𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐦𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐬

My Dearest
Chapter three

    Remus Lupin and Eleanor had been potion partners ever since their first year, it was never something they discussed, it was just something that happened on its own

    Remus Lupin and Eleanor had been potion partners ever since their first year, it was never something they discussed, it was just something that happened on its own. Year after year Eleanor would come and sit down next to Remus, and year after year the two would form an unspeakable love for one another.

    They worked well together, like an old married couple.
    Remus is the one with more sense and common knowledge, and Ella is the angered and irrational one of the two. Constant arguing and fights in the class, but they always passed with top marks, mainly because Remus was a literal genius as Ella liked to tell people, but he preferred to say it was a joint effort.

    They considered each other best friends.
    Ella preferred platonic soulmates, which Remus gladly accepted.

    "Hello Lupin," Eleanor greeted him with a hug the second she placed her books down on the table next to him, her hands ran over the soft wool of his jumper, making a mental note to steal whatever sweater is was as soon as possible. His hand came the grab her forearm that wrapped around him as she sat at the table.
    He noticed her presence but didn't say hello back causing Ella to scoff and drop down in the seat right next to him.

    Eleanor looked up to see him staring off, nosily following his gaze until her eyes landed on Sirius Black who lazed in his seat, laughing obnoxiously loud at something either Peter or James. Had said
    Ella rolled her eyes as she watched the lanky boy gaze with a look of affection in his eyes.

    "Remus if you keep staring at him like that someone is gonna catch on," she whispered to him and poked him in the chest to startle him.
    "I wasn't staring, I was simply lost in thought" he replied with a smile, Ella blankly stared at him as he opened his textbook pretending to wait for the lesson that was bound to start at any second.

    Remus and Sirius had an interesting past, from the moment they laid eyes on each other when the were eleven the two of them knew that they were destined to be in each other lives till the very end. For Remus that was a scary thought, he hated that Sirius had this strong effect on him, of course, he felt the same for the other boys but with Sirius it was different, it had always been different with Sirius
    As they had grown so had their friendship and soon their relationship. Years of hidden and repressed feelings grew into a first love for each of them.

    In Eleanor's eyes, the two were somewhat of a perfect match, they were literally the moon and the stars, what could be obviously more destined than that?
Although she had never overly gotten along with Sirius and his big attitude, she could tell that he was good for Remus, he completed him.
    But around halfway through their sixth year the two had a sort of falling out. Remus confided in Ella about his troubles, he knew she would give the best advice, to which she did.

    'The prank' wasn't something Sirius was proud of, actually he held a lot of guilt surrounding it, but Remus never thought they could get past it. It was a big hit on their relationship and even bigger on their friendship. Sirius had found a way to prove to Remus that he viewed him as a monster, ripping humanity out ion him hands and validating every negative thing he had every thought about himself. It had shown him what he was really capable of, and that shattered their bond.
    It wasn't Sirius' intentions whatsoever, but it happened and he owned up to it, so now he pays his consequences.
    Slowly they priced together what once was, but Rem us vowed to keep the romantic part of their lives closed for the rest of their living days.

    "Yeah yeah, you still like him don't you?"
    "No, I do not," Remus whispered back.
    "Okay Mr. defensive I was just asking"
    "What about you and Rizzo, I saw that little moment this morning, or the aftermath of that while you were talking to James," Remus smirked as Ella's jaw dropped at his annoyed tone.

    "Jeez I was only kidding, no need to attack me, and for your information, I didn't want to converse with Potter but he just so happens to never shut his trap," Ella said as she rummaged through her bag for a quill, her face growing flustered from the accusation.
    "But you love his rambling don't you" he jokingly snapped back.
    "I do not! I actually find Potter and his massive mouth quite aggravating" she said rolling her eyes at the boy who was trying to get a rise out of her.
    "Sure"
    "Shouldn't you be reading your little novel and minding your own business like a good potions partner" she s miles at him before swatting him in the forearm to which gained a swat back and under the breath 'fuck you'.

-

    Eleanor, Romeo, and Mary sat on a picnic blanket underneath the massive oak trees, the leaves beginning to turn from a bright shade of green into a dusty orange colour, fall finally starting to fill the air.
    Laughter filled the courtyard as people transitioned from class to class. The three of them on their lunch break waiting for Alice to join them so they can start eating.

    "Hear me out Romeo, just this once."
    "I listen to you all the time Ella, and every time I follow your advice specifically for me the outcome is terrible!" Romeo interjected, an unamused look on his face as he dogeared the page of his book and put it down on the grass.
    "This is a good idea though, I promise, I really do. It's truly brilliant if you ask me!"

    Romeo looked into her doe-like eyes, massive mistake, it's the eyes that really did it for him, a short stare and he's pulled into her trap, convinced by a single blink. The look of innocence that spread across her face could fool anyone.
    "Fine" he groaned as a smirk danced it's way onto her lips.
    "I was thinking, you need a new love interest, y'know someone to spice up that boring life of yours" she squished his cheeks that warmed with blush.

    "I thought that's what our job was" Mary interjected as she looked up from her book, her brows furrowed as she tried to save Romeo Fromm the depth of whatever Eleanor was trying to rope him into this time.
    "I mean, yes we do add a little extra sparkle into that full life of his. But I mean like romance-wise, and I was in deep thought during potions
    "That's never good" Mary mumbled to the boy who smiled.
    "Piss off, and that's when it clicked. You and Remus Lupin would make a rather remarkable couple!" she exclaimed with a big grin.

    "Wait, you're onto something there sweets," Mary said as she propped herself up onto her elbows, "I mean Remus is like the Casanova of Gryffindor towers, everyone is practically in love with him, not to mention he's such a sweetheart."
    Romeo sat in complete silence for at least thirty seconds, a very concentrated look was on his face, "I mean yeah, Remus is rather good looking, and he's not too loud but also seems a little mysterious"

    "So does that mean it's a yes? You'll let me play matchmaker?" Ella questioned with a grin dancing on her lips as she brightened up, staring into the boy's soul for a simple nod.
    "It's a maybe, no promises though," he said shooting back the same grin at her.

    The three, soon four of them spent the rest of their lunch lounging under the tree as they told stories about their adventures summer holidays. The remaining summer sun shone down on them as they laughed and smiled.
    It was strange for the four of them to think about the fact that this was going to be their last year at Hogwarts.
    The school was home to them, not because they didn't have good families outside of the wizarding school, but because they had formed a family inside of the school.
    Hogwarts wasn't just a place of learning, it was a place where students were raised.