𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐜𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐚𝐩𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐢𝐞𝐬

My Dearest
Chapter sixteen

   Ella sat next to Lily in Flitwick's class, trophy polish in each of their hands as they buffed and polished the smudges off the school's various awards

   Ella sat next to Lily in Flitwick's class, trophy polish in each of their hands as they buffed and polished the smudges off the school's various awards. Years of tarnish and grime stuck to the shiny metal as they scrapped away the damage to the beauty.

    She had sat stiffly at her desk awaiting the punishment, dumbfounded as she watched the head girl walk into the detention room, the world felt like it had gone cold as Ms. perfection passed the Ravenclaw head her slip.
    Flitwick seemed more confused than Eleanor, his eyes bulged out of his head as she took a seat and waited for his further instructions.

    The two girls sat awkwardly next to each other, lily tapped her foot as she waited for the time to pass. Eleanor drew tiny stars on her knuckles as the minutes seemed to pass by like drawn-on hours.
    "May I ask how you ended up in here? Rule-breaking doesn't seem very on-brand for you" Ella whispered lowly. Lily was startled at the loss of the quiet.
    "It was an accident" she sighed with a laugh as she recollected the memory of her ending up in detention, Ella opened her mouth to throw in some sort of snarky comment before Lily looked up with these glaring eyes, shutting her up quickly.
    "Enough chatting, today the two of you will be polishing the trophies on the back counter" Flitwick cut off their shots conversation and pointed off to the back of the room where their task awaited.

    And that is how they ended up in this position, the two of them sat quietly next to each other o the floor, rugs in hand, Flitwick quickly pooped out of the class to go and have a conversation with Madame Temple.
    "Snape was trying to get me to talk to him, after our falling out he hasn't stopped pestering me" the buffing she was doing on the trophy in her hands sped up as she grew aggressive, "he does this irritating thing where he waits outside of my potions class, he waits at the door until class is over and when I step out of the room he tries to talk to me, and he made me late to my arthimacy class."
    Ella nods, she distinctly remembers the day of the infamous outburst, it had been a turning point in the marauder's lives, the day James Potter saw red.

    Flashback

Ella and Remus had been lazing down by the black lake, partially discussing their final potions project, partially talking shit when they heard James and Sirius' loud laughter, a sign of trouble.
    Snape's body dangled around ten feet in the air as he threw hexes at the three other Marauders, a look of rage on his face as crowds began to form. It was like watching a show, Snape being the puppet of Sirius and James' most recent prank.
    Lily let out a shriek as she walked up to James and starts hitting him in the chest, "let him down you arse!"

    Snape went to aim his next hex at Peter who was laughing at him while making inappropriate commentary to the girl standing next to him, a small laugh leaving her lips which made Snape's temper skyrocket.
    One of Lily's many hits to the abdomen made James lose his balance for a split second, to which he nearly dropped Severus out of the air.
    Snape's hex flew right past Peter and skinned lily's cheek but missed her by a mere centimetre, a large gash across her face making her start tearing up.